Why won't gay people accept democracy ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oktiri, Nov 14, 2008.

1. hawk24

hawk24

The gays bring up the issue not the christian right oranyone else for that matter.

#221     Nov 21, 2008
  2. Yannis

Yannis

The deciding group of votes that passed Prop 8 in California came from Blacks (hardly a right wing constituency) who voted 70% for it.

#222     Nov 21, 2008
  3. Strawman.

The total votes from blacks is far less than right wing white Christians in California.

#223     Nov 21, 2008
  4. jem

jem

How dare you say it was a lie.

Gay marriage is the gay agenda. Gays and activists judges changed the law - changed the status quo.

The christian right was not imposing their views of marriage on gays - gays are attempting to impose their views on the majority.

what is your definition of right wing christians.

are you saying the majority of white people who believe Jesus is God are against gay marriage and therefore you are simply saying the white vote in CA is larger than the black vote?

#224     Nov 21, 2008
  5. Yannis

Yannis

Blacks were the group that broke for the measure the most, by a lot.

Some say it was because they thought that was where Obama was with it too.

Others point out a peculiar dichotomy in the American black community: they are leaning left because of economics and issues of equality, but they are also very traditional, especially as they see the terrible statistics (crime, unwed mothers, deadbeat fathers, etc) that plague them.

#225     Nov 21, 2008
  6. Here is some great advice. Put ZZZzzzz on ignore. There is nothing more worthless than his opinion.

#226     Nov 21, 2008
  7. jem

jem

i enjoy sparring with him - he is actually pretty good at making arguments.

Since I have been arguing in chit chat I have not been surprised by a single solid liberal argument. It makes drinking a beer with friends easy. In fact because I argue here - I do not even argue with friends, I make my point and move on.

ET is a good way to make you less argumentative. For me that is useful -since I not longer litigate. Years ago when I was paid to litigate - I would never have spent a minute here. This keeps me balanced.

#227     Nov 21, 2008
  8. In about a week your going to figure out your wasting your time. He has no substance whatsoever and no logical ways of addressing things.

#228     Nov 21, 2008
  9. jem

jem

there is no doubt he was a troll a few years ago until RM called him out.

Now he just likes to make liberal arguments for the sake of pissing off non liberals.

He is a very good at the use of rhetorical devices.

In fact if you see how zzz contructs arguments and how Jack Hershey pitches the dream or the sizzle and not the steak - you can see some very top form.

ZZZ hardly ever uses facts - just asks questions and makes statements.

I contrast those two with a guy like AAA - AAA writes well and usually backs up his arguments with very solid facts. In fact he has knowledge too which most of us do not have access.

I wonder what kind of political job allows people to trade? Maybe he works as the token conservative at the state department.

#229     Nov 21, 2008
  10. There are tons of people who stop by the political forum that add there worthless two cents but ZZZZzzzzz does it for a living constantly everyday.

His ability to live on the forum while at the same time never saying anything worth giving time too is outright hilarious.

#230     Nov 21, 2008