Why We Should Never Compromise On Gun Rights

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Comments are inline below after more button.

#401     Apr 13, 2018
  2. destriero

destriero

You cannot reload a modern centerfire bolt-action rifle without the detachable mag. You can ONLY CHAMBER ONE ROUND. There are ZERO production trapdoor/floorplate/internal mag rifles other than lever-actions.

"Top-loading" can be done with MANY actions; ARs (DI and piston); handguns, bolt guns, and obviously single-shot like the TC Contender.

Lever-action rifles feed into a tubular mag/mag-tube like a shotgun. Either directly into the tube (Henry Rifles) or from a slot in the receiver (Marlin).

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    #402     Apr 13, 2018
  3. destriero

destriero

How did I catch it? I was searching for his "wealth" post BS and used ET search on "NYC" isolated to his handle. It's how I found his post earlier, yet now it's gone.

#403     Apr 13, 2018
  4. bone

bone

But in that same post you said those factors would doom the Second Amendment. Which is highly unlikely. Please note that a constitutional amendment requires 3/4 of State Legislatures to approve a repeal as well - and anyone with a modicum of civics knowledge knows that is a much bigger hurdle than the US House and Senate. And btw, the Supreme Court literally has nothing to do about the outright repeal of the Second Amendment. Heller and Roe v Wade are settled case law.

There are also four states that traditionally lean or are heavily blue but have some of the highest percentages of hunters in the US: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Vermont, and Maine. In those four states a federal representative might go along with a repeal however on the state level those rural representatives would almost certainly be far less inclined. Our government is a republic of states, and the popular vote count - well, does not count.

#404     Apr 13, 2018
  5. Why would I say I live in NYC when in another post I clearly state I live in HK at the moment where I run marathons and trails. Weird to call out someone based on a non existent comment when the opposite is actually visible for everyone like the elephant in the room. Maybe that is what you.two guys do.

Anyway, thanks for the discussion on guns. I openly admit I know nothing about the technicality of guns but you still debated the topic with me which I am thankful for. But then this entire issue has almost nothing to do with knowledge of how hand guns or various rifles operate and has everything to do with the freedom to own them vs the damage they cause when abused.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    #405     Apr 13, 2018
  6. I think when the momentum really gets going that most paid pawns will fall. What I mean.is that when the voter really threatens to withhold his vote then that will be the time most "law makers" will align themselves very quickly with what the majority of voters want.

#406     Apr 13, 2018
  7. bone

bone

Oh for fuck sake you truly are an ignorant troll after all. :banghead::finger: You sanctimonious, judgemental twat.

Take your pages and pages of rants here on ET and direct that time and energy towards the email addresses of the Hong Kong government.

Did you know that Hong Kong is like a world epicenter for human trafficking and the sex trafficking of children? (Up until 2 years ago the US State Dept listed Hong Kong as a Tier 1 human trafficking transit point and destination - the worst). Did you know that to this day Hong Kong still does not have any specific anti-trafficking laws - it's handled as a City employment ordinance ?

You preach to me about my own legal constitutional right to own a firearm as a United States Citizen and you live in a City where human exploitation and child prostitution is essentially viewed as a historical colloquial tradition ? At least the US outlawed slavery over 150 years ago.

You rode other members here mercilessly about being crazed bloodthirsty gun nuts and worse. It might be fair for them to ask you if you are in Hong Kong for the jogging or for the sex tourism.

Go shit in a hat.

I hope you find this particular post as offensive and as irrelevant to you as yours were to us.

#407     Apr 14, 2018
    KevinD, Tom B and AAAintheBeltway like this.
  8. Funny, I am American but I have no say in the politics of my country because I am temporarily out of the country? By that extension, all American service members abroad are sanctimonious twats according to you? Who is trying to stifle the free speech constitutional right here?

Do I know what is going on in HK? I would claim I know most everything regarding HK and you only know what you read from your limited sources. And why should I define myself by the politics of the city I temporarily live in? On what planet are you living my friend? And you are a sponsor on this website? Shame on you bro. People like you are everything that is wrong with America. But if you disagree with something you fight to death because it may mean a little inconvenience to your selfish life style.

#408     Apr 14, 2018
  9. You really want to go racial and get into a statistics war? This shows how indoctrinated you are. You don’t seem simple minded, so I’ll conclude you are just a lazy parrot troll.

Note: I removed your previously given “professional troll” designation.

#410     Apr 14, 2018