Why we are in a Bull Market

Discussion in 'Trading' started by fxpeculator, Aug 9, 2005.

Are we in a bull market?

1. Agree, this is a bull market, I am Net long

13 vote(s)
    22.4%
  2. Agree, the market was pitching like Roger Clemens for a while, now its more of a tee ball game

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  3. This market is going to tank, don't get too excited

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
  4. I could care less, my strategy doesn't have a market bias

20 vote(s)
    34.5%
  5. Picking the market direction is a coin flip, read Fooled by Randomness, its all luck

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  6. Let these foolish shorts and weak longs stay on the sidelines, they won't admit to this bull market

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  7. Obviously the market has topped, it goes lower from here

6 vote(s)
    10.3%
  8. Agree, I am massive long, good points

7 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. Hopefully no one is out there "fighting" the trend!

#11     Aug 10, 2005
  2. LOL, u really think anyone would short this insanity. I dont care how "bearish" you are, only a freakin moron would try it.

Why are all the buy and holds so happy here?

#12     Aug 10, 2005
  3. Yes I do believe some are shorting this market, if you look up at the poll results, that may give you a half-baked clue. There will always be traders trying to catch tops and bottoms or whose outlook is contrarian for contrarian sake.

Why are all the buy and holds happy here?

Maybe because "they" can sit back and coin with little commissions and effort.

#13     Aug 10, 2005
  4. I also like buying the dips, there is no risk, i was just out .50 and made .20, so i also enjoy the strength of this mkt.

A note of caution, brokers are hooting and hollering again. just like the 2001.

#14     Aug 10, 2005
  5. I'm also reminded of an old, familiar adage. "Everyone loves a bull market"

#15     Aug 10, 2005
  6. stocon

stocon

I think, therefore I am. I think?:confused:

#16     Aug 10, 2005
  7. You may have spoke too soon, Anyone who caught the intraday top with a short, would of been a great trade.

#17     Aug 10, 2005
  8. 20-20 hindsight is not what we are looking for here.

#18     Aug 10, 2005

9. In support of #4:

http://www.thestreet.com/_mktwrm/stocks/brokerages/10237862.html?cm_ven=CBSM&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

Volume Up at Online Brokers

By Nat Worden
    TheStreet.com Staff Reporter
    8/12/2005 10:57 AM EDT

Two online brokerages released figures from July showing increased trading activity and gains in clients assets under management.

Charles Schwab (SCH:NYSE - commentary - research) said total client assets were $1.14 trillion in July, up 17% over a year earlier and 3% over the prior month.

Its daily average trades for July totaled 214,100, up 42% over the year-earlier period and up 7% from June.

Separately, Ameritrade (AMTD:Nasdaq - commentary - research) said it opened 23,000 accounts during the month and closed 14,000, for a total of about 3.7 million accounts.

It recorded 144,000 average client trades per day in July, and its client assets totaled about $82.2 billion, of which cash and money market assets were $13.2 billion.

Shares of Charles Schwab were recently trading up 11 cents, or 0.8%, to $13.86; while shares of Ameritrade were breaking even on the session.

#19     Aug 13, 2005
  10. Babak

Babak

which reminds me, anyone use the ameritrade index?

I've heard some traders look there for ideas (what the sheeple are buying/shorting):

www.ameritradeindex.com

#20     Aug 13, 2005