Why waste your time?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Euler09, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Overnight

Overnight

Bold statements from someone with your record of insight, and whom is now offering real money to someone on the anonymous Internet, just to prove a point?

#41     Nov 22, 2017
    murray t turtle and JackRab like this.
  2. JackRab

JackRab

You're making the rookie mistake of misunderstanding scalability. Many hedgefunds can't scale up certain strategies that successful smaller traders use. If you have 100+ AUM you can't leverage in the same way....

It's easier to make 50% on a small account than 25% on 1bln...

#42     Nov 22, 2017
  3. rin4et

rin4et

Exactly! You hit the nail on the head. Many people fail to understand this point.

#43     Nov 22, 2017
    VPhantom and Handle123 like this.
  4. You don't have to believe me, no skin off my nose.. I don't sell any courses, so I don't have to impress anybody.. I said in a good month.. I never said I make 50k every month.. Trading doesn't work like that.. Some months are better than others..

#44     Nov 22, 2017
    VPhantom, d08 and ironchef like this.
  5. JackRab

JackRab

Me agreeing with you on this point doesn't mean I'm looking to date you though... or give you my account details... don't try to catfish me please... I'm happily married with a busty blonde.

#45     Nov 22, 2017
  6. rin4et

rin4et

I am not trying to catfish anyone on this forum. I was looking for a trading partner but I doubt I will find him on this forum.

#46     Nov 22, 2017
    ElectricSavant likes this.
  7. sle

sle

Some of us did :)

There is definitely a fair number of people that read a book or subscribe to a service and expect to become millionaires any day. There is also a fair number of people that go into this business with realistic expectations. The former fail miserably. The latter do have some attrition rate, but can figure out how to make money after a while. There is also a small number of people that used to be institutional traders who decided to trade for themselves. Those usually do all right.

#47     Nov 22, 2017
    VPhantom, ironchef, Visaria and 2 others like this.

8. Perhaps you could compromise and just post a picture of the busty blonde instead of the account.

:cool:

#48     Nov 22, 2017
    Leonardo Fibonacci likes this.
  9. JackRab

JackRab

But you still wouldn't know if it was my wife or not... so what's the point?

#49     Nov 22, 2017

10. The point was to make a little joke- you know, like when the corners of your mouth turn slightly upward in an almost imperceptible manner.

#50     Nov 22, 2017
    Leonardo Fibonacci, d08 and Overnight like this.