Why waste your time?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Euler09, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Overnight

Overnight

You forgot to add, "and keep most of his hair in the process."

#21     Nov 22, 2017
    VPhantom likes this.
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Good point. :D

#22     Nov 22, 2017
  3. DeltaRisk

DeltaRisk

I work 5 hours a week. I mean actually working. I’m still watching all of time.
    I pull in much more than even a surgeon does, what’s the problem with that?
    The doc went to med school and spent 15 years in education, I spent much less and learned very valuable lessons.
    Now, he makes 400-700k a year.
    And, I hire him because he spent that long in school, only to make less than 700k a year.

I spent a decade eating shit, 70+ hour weeks and not even off on holidays.
    If you are not willing to sacrifice even five years, you don’t deserve to be a professional trader.

#23     Nov 22, 2017
  4. Euler09

Euler09

Of all the influential traders, tell me which one made their money day trading.
    Although a rags to riches story is encouraging and speaks to what CAN be done, not everyone can be that successful or impressive. For every winner there are 1000 losers

#24     Nov 22, 2017
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Two points here.

First...

You are now quoting something I responded to regarding your comment about how stock brokers made their money whether the client made money, or lost money.

Second...

You indicated traders, not DAYTRADERS specifically. What really is the point you are trying to make in this thread? Spit it out laddie!

#25     Nov 22, 2017
  6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Right, so which camp do you aspire to be in?

#26     Nov 22, 2017
  7. bearmace

bearmace

when dealing with difficult odds, there are usually two types of people- the C3POs, and the Han Solos

#27     Nov 22, 2017
    Overnight likes this.
  8. With trading, I studied for 80 hours a week for a long time.. I felt like it was worth it because I was thinking long term not short term.. It took me 8 years to get good at trading and 10 years to start making consistent money.. I don't know where you get 50k a year from.. In a good month, I can make 50k.. One of my other trading buddy is doing way better than me.. He has an 8 figure account and been tradng for 25 years..

I sacrifice 10 years of my life, so I can live my next 60 years stress free.. Sounds like a good risk/reward to me..

#28     Nov 22, 2017
  9. sle

sle

1. You income estimate for a professional trader are way too low unless we are talking exclusively about people that are self employed and trade for their own account
    2. I think professional success rates are more or less the same in investments as in any other high end skilled profession
    3. The perceived failure rate is skewed by the low barriers to entry (anyone with a brokerage account is a trader)
    4. Most importantly, you don't really have to do it full time. If being a skilled trader/investor simply improves returns on your nest egg, you are doing better than most Americans.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    #29     Nov 22, 2017
  10. Euler09

Euler09

What is your average returns as a percentage, liar?

#30     Nov 22, 2017