Why was the "Objections to SCT" thread closed?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Thunderdog, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Wrong again! LOL!!!! You have NO IDEA what you're talking about. To prove that you're not grounded in reality, Bruce Kovner is a market wizard and worth $2.5 Billion. Name someone you know of "personally" who's doing better and tell me why he's not on the Forbes list. Can't do it? How about PTJ, another market wizard who's worth "only" $2 Billion. Can you top him? Didn't think so. I could go on...

You're similarly deluded about Jack Hershey.

#31     Mar 30, 2007
  2. Just to be clear, I don't think I ever said that Jack's methods don't "work." If anything, I may have commented that they appear unnecessarily complicated. However, that is just a personal bias. What I have an issue with is that Jack claims to make 3 times the daily range with regularity, and that he can average 4-7% per day.

Mark, if you have traded for any length of time, and it appears that you have, then you will have to agree that such claims are beyond anything that has ever been achieved in the financial arena, ever! EVER! It is such claims of profitability, which I believe are not achievable with regularity, and his pompous attitude towards others who dare to question anything he says, that grates on my nerves. Why would I spend my time learning a trading method when I already have and use one? I am not the one making the claim. I am the one questioning the claim. The onus of proof is customarily on the one making the claim, particularly when it is patently absurd. If someone claims, but refuses to prove, that he has a machine that turns copper into gold, is the onus on me to prove it is not so?

The man is full of shit. This is not an insult. It is the considered observation of anyone who lives in the real world and has read any of his posts and his claims. I invite you to do so. Of course, he is entitled to be full of shit. It is his right. However, I am entitled to call him on it. It is my right.

If Jack does not want to be called on his claims, then he should not make them. If he does not want to prove his claims, then he should not make them. If you disagree with this premise, then you are being unreasonable.

#32     Mar 30, 2007
  3. I'm talking about what they made at the point they were interviewed in the book. Also, PTJ and probably Kovner made their money by managing other peoples money, not from trading alone. In terms of real % return, it's freakin laughable how much better these guys are.

TNG

#33     Mar 30, 2007
  4. and more importantly, why did you avoid answering any of my questions?

TNG

#34     Mar 30, 2007
  5. Dear Mr. Thunderdog, it pains me to criticize you, but I must point out that you mis-spelled the word "onus" in your post. In the context of a Hershey discussion, I believe it is spelt "anus". All the best, Art.

#35     Mar 30, 2007
  6. What's really "freakin laughable" is how you're even more stupid and deluded than I originally thought.

#36     Mar 30, 2007
  7. Dr. Deco,

I respectfully yield to your wisdom.

#37     Mar 30, 2007
  8. If you wouldn't mind, I'd rather you not personally attack me.

Moving on, how much do you think is possible for a trader to make in the markets?

TNG

#38     Mar 30, 2007
  9. I wanted to pick off the easy target first. But in the aftermath of that, why would I want to argue with a fool who thinks he knows traders who are better than Kovner and PTJ? I'd do better trying to explain time dilation to an ant.

#39     Mar 30, 2007
  10. You will have to excuse TNG. I believe he is presently engaging in a BE-DO-HAVE exercise. Such episodes occasionally result in brief periods of delirium.

TNG, if I may bring something to your attention for your immediate consideration. Do you remember when, as a child you made faces and your mother warned you not to do so because your face would stay that way if you kept doing it? You may wish to take the same precaution with the powerful BE-DO-HAVE contortions.

#40     Mar 30, 2007