Why was the "Objections to SCT" thread closed?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Thunderdog, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Truth be told, you really are doing a lot for promoting people to take a gander at Jacks stuff compared to someone who just wonders in ET and sees 2 threads on Jack in the Journal section.

You are doing him a favor. Keep it up.

#21     Mar 28, 2007
  2. There's nothing rational about glassy eyed devotion to a pied piper whose undocumented claims would make him the greatest market wizard ever, yet who in a trading contest returned -24%

#22     Mar 28, 2007
  3. You're right, I have no idea why he helps people as much as he does, totally irrational given the way people behave towards him here. The rational people see the value in what he writes, none of us need the "proof" you look for, because we're all taking the same types of trades and we know that what he's saying works.

TNG

#23     Mar 28, 2007
  4. <i>"Does anyone realize how atrocious this website appears to new people clicking in for the first time? They get hit right in the eyeballs with PureTick this, <b>Jack Hershey that and damn little else. The same regurgitated crap, over and over and over again in endless parade..."</b></i>

As I was saying earlier...

#24     Mar 28, 2007
  5. Of course you're doing very well trading Jack's stuff -- NOT! And, like everyone else, you refuse to prove it, right?

You know what? If you folks really are doing what you claim you could make this all go away easily enough... but why should you when you CAN'T.

#25     Mar 28, 2007
  6. Just for the record i have never traded hershey method and dont even know what sct stands for. If people want to follow jacks method and they have few threads open to discuss thier methods, whats wrong with that. Why does it bother so many people if they are discussing thier methods. why dont people ignore those threads. Why must any one prove to any one if the method works. JUst move on.
    Why are so many people infatuated with jack one way or another. Its not like he is ripping off anyone. Its free so what's the problem

#26     Mar 29, 2007
  7. On the flip side of the coin...

There are many traders that say Jack's method do not work.

In fact, there's a recent poll that reflects a very strong opinion of such.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89324

However, I have not seen nor heard of any discussion here at EliteTrader.com by someone that has shown a brokerage statement or live trading calls via Jack's method to show it does not work.

That's a lot of ET members using Jack's method and nobody has shown proof via a brokerage statement (real money or simulator) that the method does not work (more about this later below).

Note: I have not read every thread nor every message post here at ET. If there's proof via a verifiable brokerage statement (real money or simulator) that it doesn't work...please post a link for others that may be interested.

You guys asking for him or users of his method to show proof after how many years of such a request???

You guys asking for him or users to post live calls to show proof after how many years of such a request???

It's useless to keep running around that bush.

Simply, those obsessed with trying to expose him...

Why don't you learn the method, trade it and then post some real results to show it doesn't work???

Heck, use your brokerage simulator if you don't want to risk one penny.

Results like that will be much more powerful and meaningful in comparison to the countless threads started about him in complaint that are basically an eye sore for EliteTrader.com

That in my opinion will settle all the debate because its obvious asking for proof it works is getting no where and seems to continue bothering many Jack stalkers when such a request goes unanswered.

This discussion gets back to the old saying...

If you want to see someone else trading records, a trader that's not selling anything...

At least cough up your own records to get the ball rolling in the right direction especially if you've made one single commentary or hint at ET that your a profitable trader or using a method that's better than someone else method.

Last of all, I believe there was a conversation somewhere here at ET where it was possible to go watch Jack trade in person...

I think nobody took him up on the offer or else we would have heard about it hear at EliteTrader.com

If this was the case, what in the world are you guys complaining about proof when you can't get off your butts and go watch him trade in person???

Mark

#27     Mar 29, 2007
  8. It is not practical and it wouldn't work. As you may be aware, Hershey trainees need to devote months of effort and study to learn the method and use it properly. First, it would be a waste of time for someone to expend that kind of effort on something that he either does not believe will work or does not believe it is better than what he is doing already. Second, if anyone claims he used Jack's method and showed either real or simulated poor results, then his defenders would simply conclude that the detractor either did not properly study and use the method or that he sabotaged the effort. If you have ever read any of Jack's posts, then you would know just how slippery he is. Therefore, the litmus test remains the bona fide favorable results of someone who claims to have used the method to make the kinds of returns that Jack boasts about. Anything else would be futile because it would be controvertible.

#28     Mar 30, 2007
  9. The only problems I've notice about Jack was his intrusion on other threads.

In fact, many at ET have said its that "reason alone" why they don't like Jack even though they continue attacking his trade methodology.

As for the length of time to learn a method...I think its not important.

I know several profitable traders (institutional traders, pro traders, prop traders and retail traders) that took them months to understand and learn a method (not Jacks method) to the point where they felt comfortable enough to apply it.

My best friend whom is a very succesful instituitonal trader took him about one year to fully understand what he was doing.

He still attends voluntary training sessions at his job a few times per year for the past five years.

However, I do agree with you in that it is a waste of time to learn something in that you don't believe works.

Fortunately, belief and proof are two different things.

I've seen many Jack stalkers state for fact here at ET that his method does not work.

However, they have not tested it nor traded (simulator or real money) the methodology.

My point, how can someone state as if it is FACT that something doesn't work if they don't want to spend the time and energy to learn it, test it and report actual facts about the methodology???

Why bother with all the bashing via FACTS that have no merits until someone can post verifiable proof via a P/L statement even for one trading day that it does not work.

Thus, the litmus test works both ways.

Those that state for FACT that it does not work...

They should provide verifiable brokerage statements of at least one trading day to support those FACTS.

Until that happens, its just a BELIEF mingled in with other bias opinions.

Just the same as you noted, those that say it works should do the same.

As I said in another thread...neither one in both camps are able to do such and I suspect neither gives a hoot about posting any verifiable info to support their beliefs so that they merit being called facts.

Therefore, its just as much of a waste of time and energy with all the constant bashing and new threads about Jack (some members are nearing +100 bashing posts about Jack) when they could have used that same time and energy to learn the method so they can give FACTUAL info.

In fact, there are at least 5 members have has been doing such for many months.

Thus, do you see the irony here about wasting time and energy to learn the method???

Just my opinion as usual.

Mark

#29     Mar 30, 2007
  10. You can't honestly believe this, can you? It seems more like you are trying to goad me into something.

Let me ask you this, do you believe there are people around the world making what you would consider phenomenal amounts of money? Do you even believe that is possible? What do you think the limitations of the market are? 100k/ year? 200k/ year?

Where do you work? Here in Chicago I know personally of people who are doing better than any of the "market wizards". You will NEVER read about them, NEVER hear about them other than what I just said and you will surely NEVER see their PnL or blotters. Do you believe they don't exist too?

In fact, have you ever even stopped to consider, even just for a moment that what Jack claims COULD be true. Are you so ingrained with your market beliefs that when you see something like that you automatically assert that it can't be true? What kind of experiences with the market have you had up to this point? Maybe if I hadn't been lucky enough early in my career to see what is possible I would act the same way, who knows.

TNG

#30     Mar 30, 2007