Why was the "Objections to SCT" thread closed?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Thunderdog, Mar 27, 2007.

1. no prob
    leave them to their own devices

#11     Mar 27, 2007
  2. I, too, was thinking about becoming a Comedy Trading Advisor (CTA). Some of Jack's more sycophantic toadies have distinguished themselves with a sense of humor that clearly requires proper channeling.

#12     Mar 27, 2007
  3. I would be really sad to see you leave.

Good luck in your quest.

#13     Mar 27, 2007
  4. Hi Thunderdog,

We've both participated in many discussions here in feedback and we both know the score.

Eyesore message posts will remain as long as nobody complains about such to Baron or a moderator via either the complain button, pm or email.

Thus, many threads or message posts within threads go untouched because the moderator doesn't know there's a problem when we don't complain.

Such is the case many times.

By the way, I for one complained to the moderators about the Objections to SCT thread and I do know about 5 other active ET members that were planning on doing the same (not sure if they did) via our discussion in a chat room outside of ET.

(I'm not sure how many complaints ET needs to become aware of a problematic thread and to take action.)

We both know that once the personal attacks and profanity starts...the thread gets a bullseye on its head and eventually Baron or a moderator will shoot it down if enough ET members complain about such.

Also, if your not aware of it...

I do not support Jack, I do not use his methodology nor do I have any sort'uv associations with Jack.

To me, the issue is not Jack himself nor about the Jack stalkers that continue starting threads about him.

The issue is all the mudslinging that comes with it...

Very childish behavior under the facade of intelligent discussion and I'll continue to complain about such along with many others.

With that said, if you want to call me a Jackster too...have at it.

P.S. You guys give him more attention and bring more publicity too his method than his followers...

If he ever decides to sell something, he should hire you guys.

:p

Mark

#14     Mar 27, 2007
  5. <i>"If I owned this site I'd delete that thread too, as it was helping no one."</i>

If I owned this site, I'd delete every thread that didn't pass a simple test. Here's the qualifier question:

"Does this thread teach, enlighten or encourage readers in a positive constructive manner? Does this thread entertain in a positive, lighthearted or humorous way?"

Any thread that failed to meet one of those two criteria would be zapped immediately. Any moderator who did not delete garbage threads in their infancy would be replaced.

Lastly, all members with ability to post would have names, addresses and credit card verification of i.d. on file. Lurkers remain anonymous, ET posters limited to one alias per credit card. How 'bout them apples for wiping out the riff-raff?

Think all that would affect the quality of this site? Damn sure betcha it would... improve things 1,000%.

Gone with the dozens of redundant threads about JH and PT. Gone with politics and religion forum. Gone with drunken, insane and obsessive compulsive posters who contribute zero to quality content in this site.

Retained would be masses of new members who come here to learn and have fun. Does anyone realize how atrocious this website appears to new people clicking in for the first time? They get hit right in the eyeballs with PureTick this, Jack Hershey that and damn little else. The same regurgitated crap, over and over and over again in endless parade of threads started under "Trading".

No wonder the alias enrollment ledger climbs higher each day, but average users online has been stagnant for at least one year. Who the hell can bear to read this rubbish? Those which possess any sense of sanity, that is.

What used to be a website of interesting content for traders has degraded to a grade-school, inner city / trailerpark playground.

#15     Mar 28, 2007
  6. There ain't nothing stopping anyone of us from doing just that. All you have to do is pay up for your name and address and hosting. Do that and you you can be a god of your very own perfect world.

Right candle line man?

Where's the risk takers on this site? Isn't that what traders are? ET is such a big pile of steaming moose dung, I'm sure it would be easy to build a perfect trading cyber world and ET would just shrivel up and disappear. ( Being a little sarcastic here)

Come on prophets, put up or, well, you know.

#16     Mar 28, 2007
  7. Oh, the irony of it all.

Truth be told, it does get a bit tiring. I feel like Sisyphus in dire need of a break. The rock keeps getter bigger, the hill steeper.

#17     Mar 28, 2007
  8. Would you let Jack participate? If so, then please show me an example of his posts that meet your above noted criteria.

#18     Mar 28, 2007
  9. Messy as that thread was, it certainly didn't help Jack and his worshippers since it drew yet more attention to the lack of proof for Jack's flatulent claims.

#19     Mar 28, 2007
  10. And probably introduced a whole new batch of rational thinkers into a new way of trading....

TNG

#20     Mar 28, 2007