Why Was My Thread on Obama Censored?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BernardRichards, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Just nibbling at the periphery, are you?

#11     Apr 14, 2010
  2. A moderator won't be goaded to action, that much I'm sure of.

#12     Apr 14, 2010
  3. Understandably. So just do what you, yourself, said you would do.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=196224&perpage=6&pagenumber=1

The poster in question read your warning before he posted the "deserved" comment. Check the time stamps of the relevant posts. You said you won't be goaded. The question is, will you allow yourself to be mocked?

#13     Apr 14, 2010
  4. Gabfly,

I understand you don't like the OP. That's your business. But I'm not going to censor the word "assassination". Otherwise this will resemble the whole "don't throw stones just because he said Jehovah" skit from Life of Brian.

So you can post links, and try to steer action in a particular way, but I'll edit/delete how I see fit in my attempt to best enforce the rules of this website, until such a time (if ever) when Baron/Joe decides to remove my moderator status.

Feel free to have the last word.

#14     Apr 14, 2010
  5. As long as it is legal. I can nibble on any dreck I want.

Where were you when there was talk of genocide on some of the posts in the P&R forum? What a stupid question? There is nothing wrong with that Gabfly? Right? But discussing the aftermath of a Presidential assassination which can happen to any President -- not just your Antichrist (Messiah to you) Barack Hussein Obama is absolutely forbidden Mr. Sanctimonious Hypocrite.

#15     Apr 14, 2010
  6. So what you are saying is that the earlier warning you gave in the Feedback thread was just farce. No, you won't censor the word "assassination." Slippery slope and all that. But what about referring to such a presidential assassination as a "deserved fait accompli" as the poster in question has done? How does that not meet your standard of the unacceptable insofar as your earlier warning about assassination references are concerned? Are you really a moderator, or are you just phoning it in?

I'm not telling you here by what standards you should conduct yourself. Rather, I'm pointing to the very standards that you, yourself, had delineated. Let's look at the key words in this thread: "assassination," "deserved," and "antichrist." Hmm. I wonder where the poster is going with this one...

#16     Apr 14, 2010
  7. Pure Comedy.

#17     Apr 14, 2010
  8. I think Gabfly is going for Ivanovich's job. Then we will have the cleanest ex-P&R forum ever.

Gabfly I am sorry the Soviet Union fell apart. You would have been a top censor there. Now, alas you have to spend your time as defanged viper trying to silence the obstreperous schmucks in this forum.

#18     Apr 14, 2010
  9. It would appear some people don't take their beat downs like a man, they have to whine about it on message boards...

"Oh whoa is me, my thread was censored!!! Waaahhhh, Waaaahhhh, Wahhhhhhhhh."

Perhaps old Bernie could take his keyboard and go to a new game...

Or try the feedback section...

#19     Apr 14, 2010
  10. What's the matter Optional no more kiddies to have sex with or KKK videos to watch so now you are getting on my case?

BTW, I will have you know that I am not old. How dare you call me old? I am just 91 years young. :mad:

#20     Apr 14, 2010