Why was insider trading banned ?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by JB Marlin, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe

i'd be willing to put his account back if he agreed to back off his language use.

#11     Sep 6, 2009
  2. JB Marlin,

You obviously are insider... registered in September... 4 posts... and are worried about insider being banned. (scramble that IP address).

Nothing wrong with that.

P/R should not exist anyhow.. forum is a joke and irrelevant to trading. But it provides points to the website because people spent time discussing nonsense.

#12     Sep 6, 2009
  3. JB Marlin

JB Marlin

As others have said Joe almost everybody shoots their mouth off in the politics section,with the warning before entering the politics section I thought it was the normal thing to do

Of course its your call but I wanted to voice my opinion that it wasn't fair considering everybody does it and in that particular incident insider was not the one who started it .Happy trading everyone

#13     Sep 6, 2009
  4. Joe

Joe

Your back up, and I put a ban on this JB account. Just keep it clean, if that guy comes back harassing you, just send me an email.

#14     Sep 6, 2009
  5. You should keep this in mind, in the P&R forum, there are like 20 people like lucrum, aaainthebeltway, dr jerkulus, mercor, and an assortment of various buffoons to a person like me or insider trading.

If the "ecosystem" of P&R is to be maintained, you should not be banning people like insider trading on a permanent basis people for simple cursing.

#15     Sep 6, 2009
  6. Joe

Joe

It's not cursing, its attacking another member. When that happens I get interested. I don't care if you say "I had a sh*** day" but when you go out and start ragging on other members, cursing them out, especially if its habitual towards the same person then I get involved.

#16     Sep 6, 2009
  7. Creating a topic area like P&R helps to keep it off other threads.

It is more incorrect for one person to decide that certain topic areas should not be on ET. And having various topic areas help attract and keep individuals here.

You don't want to read it, then don't read it.

#17     Sep 6, 2009
  8. What does religion have to do with trading?

And politics, such as potential legislation, should stay in Wall Street News or Economics.

#18     Sep 6, 2009
  9. Exactly!

There is absolutely NO LOGICAL reason whatsoever to even have such a Forum on a TRADING website.

The fact that it is allowed by ET and it's management goes a long way to explaining that the priority of this website is about generating "web-hits" and web-activity to show to current and potential advertisers . . . quality of content regarding the financial markets . . . be damned.

If ET and Baron were really serious about maintaining a higher quality of content that had to do with the MARKETS & TRADING, the "Politics & Religion" forum wouldn't even exist.

The fact that it is still here ( no matter how many "pissing-matches" it creates for the Mods to intervene in ) speaks VOLUMES, in my opinion.

#19     Sep 6, 2009
  10. Agreed 100%

#20     Sep 6, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.