Why was 2017 such a bad year for Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Pekelo, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

The math doesn't lie. Bitcoin only went up 17 times so far year to date. Now if you own BTC you might be happy with such a measly returns. But if you know better, the quality cryptos actually made some real dough for their holders. Even if I throw in the bastard child of Bitcoin Cash, that is still less than a 20 times return for BTC hodlers.

LTC returned 51 times so far, ETH is even better with 63 times! Not to mention both are technically superior to such an oldtimer as Bitcoin. Get in with the times, it is not too late.

Not to mention LTC went up 150% in the last 5 days when BTC has been basically flat. Do you want to endorse the old, or ride the new and advanced?

It is your choice...

Edit: By the time I finished this post, LTC was up 55 times YTD... :)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    algofy likes this.
  2. ajcrshr

ajcrshr

3. Daal

Daal

In the last 6 months BTC has trounced 90%+ of cryptos. It all depends on the time period used

4. maxinger

maxinger

huh? strange question.

If you have profitted massively from bitcoin, then 2017 was such an excellent year.

If you have missed the opportunity from bitcoin, then 2017 was such a bad year.

5. Macca1

Macca1

Lol have you ever owed any crypto?

ETH Can't scale.

GRIN

6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Neither can Bitcoin. 3 transactions per second compared to Visa's 3.5K.

-----------------------------------------

Anyhow here is a fresh air of crypto. The creator of the best performing crypto of 2017 predicts a several year logn bear market!:

"Charlie Lee:

Ok, sorry to spoil the party, but I need to reign in the excitement a bit...

Buying LTC is extremely risky. I expect us to have a multi-year bear market like the one we just had where LTC dropped 90% in value ($48 to $4). So if you can't handle LTC dropping to $20, don't buy! [​IMG]"

That is why I always loved him!

7. Pekelo

Pekelo

I just bought a Dogecoin. It came with a "Now you are an expert in cryptos" certificate.

Did my response own you? :)