why Wall Street traders win and you don't

Discussion in 'Trading' started by garfangle, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Bob111

Bob111

i can repeat this one more time...accusing broker of stealing your system or "hacking" your account sounds plain stupid to me. unless you have solid proof of such actions. do you have the proof?
    at least-give us a broker's name....so we would know,who this bad guy is..:p

#51     Dec 21, 2010
  2. 111Bob :D

#52     Dec 21, 2010
  3. the closest most traders get to an edge is this, just before they drag it across their throats.

[​IMG]

#53     Dec 21, 2010
  4. When comparing retail traders to WS traders you are comparing a changing population to a population that has collectively survived on the average. Most WS firms have been around for many years and they have collective knowledge on the subject they transfer to selected traders they hire.

Most traders hired by WS firms are told exactly what to do, how to do it and when to do it. Their job is to take the stress and execute the plan. They need many traders because they work different areas, sell side, buy side, commodities, synthetics, equities, options, you name it.

Retails traders have their odds against them due to low purchasing power. They are weak hands. Volatility is the primary cause of failure. Only the top 1% knows how to deal with voilatility and profit from it.

#54     Dec 21, 2010
  5. man you guys really need a dose of tradingRAW! yes I'm a member. Athlonmank8 is a retard loser.

#55     Dec 21, 2010

6. Thats because you suck. LOL!

Dude don't blame others for your inadequacy in earning a living in the markets.

#56     Dec 21, 2010
  7. I agree, get some skills people....athlonmank8, Samsara, and atticus sucking losers!!!

#57     Dec 21, 2010
  8. Cheese

Cheese

I don't need to copy from any trading book. I have been both a floor trader and subsequently a CEO who ran both a floor trading team and a client liaison team. I have been in both corporate and professional facets of trading in markets.

I am an occasional writer at ET who points to just where the amateur individual trader can go to make money in markets. Structural corporate activities in markets (using employed traders) do nor bear any relevance to the success or failure of amateur trading activities. No offence to anyone but there is repeated diversion and lack of focus at ET often without cold hard rationality being applied. Start with your own circumstances and work from there. Shut out all irrelevant notions.

An amateur individual can make progress starting with limited capital. And utimately you can choose to make yourself rich.
    :)

#58     Dec 21, 2010
  9. Size is a the best tell, second... the resultant vector, especially at/off key levels.

If the funds are there, you should be too.

There's lots of tools available for tape analysis that give volume signals.

Keep it as simple as it gets, period. Do what they do, when they do it.

They have the best this and the best that.....blah blah.... T.M.I.

Front running/fading their own order flow is their best advantage...
    tough to beat them at that.

#59     Dec 21, 2010
  10. bone

bone

Silly premise advanced by the OP - unless you are making markets for 30K up blocks (liquidity taker's choice) in dark pools.

There is no guy at MS or GS scalping stocks using tic data and a a trade station technical study like 90% of the ET members. Nope. Different concept of an "edge".

#60     Dec 21, 2010