Why Very Successful Guys Should Avoid An Exclusive Girlfriend At All Costs

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by DT-waw, Feb 1, 2012.

1. DT-waw

DT-waw

Mating lifestyle also depends on population density.
    If there is not much people around (think Iceland or Canada), people tend to bond more strongly... esp. when climate conditions are hard and challanging.

Where population density is very high - NYC, Sao Paolo, Tokyo, India, etc. - it suddenly appears it does not make sense to commit to only one person.

Very wise words about freedom...

Is your man a dog that you give him a long rope?
    You cannot give freedom -- freedom is everybody's birthright. The very idea, "I'm giving a long rope"... still the rope is in your hand. You are the giver of freedom. You cannot give freedom; you can only accept the freedom of the other person. You cannot keep one end of the rope in your hand, watching the dog pissing on this tree, pissing on that tree.... You think that is freedom? No, the very idea is wrong.

The other person has his freedom; you have your freedom. Neither he needs to have one end of the rope in his hand, nor do you have to have it; otherwise, both are chained. His rope is going to be your chains, your rope is going to be his chains. And you think you give enough rope -- you think you are being very generous.

Freedom is not something that has to be given to another person. Freedom is something that has to be recognized as the property of the other person.

Freedom is such a joyful experience. Your lover is enjoying freedom, you are enjoying freedom. In freedom, you meet; in freedom, you depart. And perhaps life may bring you together again. And most probably.... All the researches about love relationships indicate a certain phenomenon which has not been accepted by any society up to now. And even today, when I say these things, I'm condemned all over the world. When your man becomes interested in another woman, it does not mean that he no longer loves you; it simply means just a change of taste.

#51     Feb 2, 2012