Why US abortion 20% higher than France's, especially most doctors won't perform them?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tmarket, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Why do we have an abortion rate 20% higher than France's (and more than twice as high as Germany's), especially considering most doctors here won't perform them?

The answer is any country that has universal health care, where contraception is free, where child care is free or inexpensive, where there is less poverty because people don't become bankrupt over medical bills -- those societies are simply going to have fewer unplanned and unwanted pregnancies.

If the statistics show that countries with government-provided universal health care and nearly-free abortions are, in fact, the countries with the fewest abortions, then why on earth wouldn't the Right be the first in line to support universal health care?

A group representing most of America's 59,000 Catholic nuns has written to Congress and said that Obama's health care plan should be passed.

Perhaps they know better.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-moore/my-congressman-bart-stupa_b_506649.html

2. to understand what you wrote requires logical thinking. the religious right reject logical thinking because they are conditioned to submit to indoctrination.
    you will find no passages in the bible praising intelligence or critical thinking. you will find many praising "childlike faith".
    i suspect those nuns will get a talking to.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-raushenbush/i-cant-think-of-one-relig_b_478105.html
    I Can't Think Of One Religious Reason Against Health Care Reform -- Can You?
    We are in a critical stage in the health care reform debate and religious people should be weighing in by providing a moral argument in favor of, or against health care reform. Religious leaders should be talking about health care in small groups and in their weekly services in an effort to translate what their sacred texts and inherited traditions say about the issues which confront us in the debate on health care.

From my perspective I cannot think of one religiously based argument against reforming America's health care system. Health care reform is fundamentally about keeping health care costs affordable for those who already have some kind of insurance, and making it available for the millions who do not have it.

Care of our basic well-being is an essential element of religious concern. In my own tradition of Christianity, Jesus was in the practice of healing those who were sick (the roots of the word salvation is connected to healing), and he mandated his disciples to go about the business of healing the sick and providing for the poor. Christians alive today are meant to continue the work of Jesus and be the body of Christ. While we may not have miraculous healing powers ourselves, we do have the ability to make sure that the miraculous healing ability of medicine is available to all who need it.

3. Why do we have an abortion rate 20% higher than France's (and more than twice as high as Germany's)....
    -----------------

1) Everyone here believes every statistic they read.

2) Just out of curiosity, how many people do you know who have had an abortion?

I know one person, I've lost contact but would venture a guess has had more than one abortion. A lost soul with substance abuse.

4. maxpi

maxpi

America's abortion clinics are 80% in Black neighborhoods. Does France have Black Neighborhoods? The god damned Marxist left in the US has herded Blacks into inner city reservations. The race industry lawyers have ensured that Blacks will not get jobs in the private sector. No employer in their right mind would hire a Black worker knowing that Jessie Jackemup can't wait to use said potential worker to get his commie mitts on some long coin. That leaves a lot of talent bottled up in shitty ghettos that could be put to work in the economy, leaves Blacks with a lot of time on their hands and basically, if they started multiplying like mad on Whitey's dime, well Whitey would not pay the welfare bill so their population has to be kept down, hence the need for abortion clinics. The left does not care about the economy or general welfare of people, they only acquire power with as much ruthlessness as they can muster and they are weak-kneed in the face of evil because they can't even define it...

5. Yes, they do.

6. :D :D :D

Not really they just don't give a crap because they have no sense of personal responsibility.

7. Do you ever fact check anything you write or does it not matter to you?

and yes, France does have a minority population of African decent, not that it is central to this discussion.

8. Ricter

Ricter

If the left causes socioeconomically poor neighborhoods, then it follows that in societies with fewer such neighborhoods one will find more rightist social policy, is that correct?

9. it's likely cultural...

the vile left in this country has declared the ability, and indeed nearly the obligation, to scramble the brains of 'unwanted' infants is paramount.

i don't know dick about french culture, but I happened to tune into 'the bad girls club' the other day. This probably explains in part the discrepancy.

read Bill Mahr's recent column on huffingtonpost, more evidence of where this trend originated. And of course, the genisis of planned parenthood. Eugenics, convince blacks to cull their numbers, etc ...

the blame falls squarely on the vile american left

10. Mercor

Mercor

You are ignorant.

Blacks who are 12% of the population get 38% of abortions.
    Whites who are 79% of the population get 54% of abortions.

#10     Mar 21, 2010