Why TWS in German language?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Ninja, Oct 25, 2002.

1. Ninja

Ninja

I don't know the difference regarding the connection. When I was new to IB last summer I tried the standalone version at work for weeks and it did not function. Tried everything on two different computers. Then one day i tried the web version and it worked instantly.

#11     Oct 25, 2002
  2. Ninja

Ninja

Thanks. Actually my German is pretty good. Did I mention that I was born and live in Germany? :)
    However I am accustomed to use English software, because of my job. I think large international companies often only use one (english) version on all their computers (operating systems, office software, database products, etc.), because of simplicity, better support, and improved multinational teamwork.

I got so used to it, that it really encumbrances me when I have to use German software. You can't imagine how bad some translations are . I changed my regional settings, input locales, etc. to US, but TWS still loads with this german-english jumble.

#12     Oct 25, 2002
  3. alanm

alanm

German is English, just with more guttural sounds :)

#13     Oct 25, 2002
  4. und nicht vergessen, wer den Angelsachsen das Angeln beigebracht hat.

Waren die Ostfriesen :D

#14     Oct 29, 2002
  5. #15     Oct 29, 2002
  6. alanm

alanm

#16     Oct 30, 2002
  7. wild

wild

the noun "Angeln" - or "Land Angeln" - is the home region of the Angles who invaded and conquered Britain together with the Saxons and Jutes some time ago ... the verb "angeln" simply means "to fish"

regards

wild

#17     Oct 30, 2002
  8. Great insight, but let's keep this thread on topic. Let me know if you'd like me to split off these last few posts into the chat section for further discussion?

Thanks!

#18     Oct 31, 2002
  9. alanm

alanm

wild: I got that. That's why I made the comment about capital letters not being able to be used to distinguish proper names. I was making a subtle joke :)

rich: I thought this was on topic :)

OK. Got the message.

#19     Oct 31, 2002