Why trade for yourself?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Tuneman, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Dustin

Dustin

Not following you. I have been trading remote prop for years, never for an institution.

#11     Nov 12, 2006
  2. So you consider prop... "trading for yourself"?

#12     Nov 12, 2006
  3. igor043

igor043

As said before, key word is freedom. Freedom to trade or play golf tomorrow. Spend more time with wife which I never saw when I worked for others. Freedom to use whichever broker and platform and software, and trading style I want to use. Freedom to write off many expenses I couldn't before. Not stressing out on daily commutes as I did when I lived in LA, Atlanta, and northern Jersey. I risk my own capital, but the profit is to keep and reinvest.

#13     Nov 12, 2006
  4. Dustin

Dustin

Prop as it's known on ET...yes. Firms like Bright, Assent etc are called prop even though they really aren't.

#14     Nov 12, 2006
  5. From what I can deduce...

It's all about the deal that you cut...it can mean thousands of dollars to the trader.

Remote Trading would have its freedom and I can see your point...

Just curious, Why do you think that the SEC allows Prop firms to operate, if the real ones were to only exist to increase leverage?...Perhaps the answer is..that it requires a series 7 and they are merely a place for a professional to go that understand risk and know how to trade already.

Michael B.

#15     Nov 12, 2006