Why trade at all?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Maximus, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Digs

Digs

Going for 2pts profit in 10 trades is for kids...

Tradings is fo 10 to 50 lots on ES or 10,000 to 50,000 shares.

If you aim is to do anything else, get a job and stop starving your wife or future wife.

Aim to be the BEST, forget the restm DO DA SIZE !

#11     Aug 1, 2003
  2. Ditch

Ditch

An MBA is the shortest way to corporate hell.

#12     Aug 1, 2003
  3. omcate

omcate

In 1999, if you had a MBA degree, and worked at an investment bank for few years, it was very easy to get $200,000 per year. But those days have passed. 2002 was one of the worst years for investment banking business.

I know one MBA, who does not have money to fix the muffler of his car. Another has become a monk. My younger brother is a MBA. He has been working VERY hard to keep his job.

:p :p :p
    :D :D :D

#13     Aug 1, 2003
  4. jem

jem

My brother in law just graduated from Wharton. I was visting him when their classes started 2 school years ago. We went out on a pub crawl. At the time they (new students) were happy and thinking when they got out they would make 300. (I remember thinking they do not appeciate what is happening in the capital markets).

when they got out some did not have jobs and the average starting salary was so low it blew me away. I do not want to state it here because I may not remember the exact amount. But, I said to myself, self they must be pretty dissappointed in the short run. Of course in the long run I would love to have that degree.

#14     Aug 1, 2003
  5. fan27

fan27

I worked for a large company (Verizon) for 2.5 years before quitting to daytrade. It was a real eye opener. a lot of people had their nice cars and nice houses, tons of debt, and seemed to be pretty miserable at what they were doing. You should have seen the jealous looks on their faces when I told them I was quitting to daytrade. I am sure they were not jealous about the daytrading part, just the ability to leave the rat race.

#15     Aug 1, 2003
  6. gimp570

gimp570

I am to dumb

>>>>>

:(

#16     Aug 1, 2003

7. Yes, exactly...

you are to dumb
    as I am to smart

:p :p :p

#17     Aug 1, 2003
  8. Merc

Merc

Hey Kid!

Go get an MBA.
    Then go get a reeeal f***ing job!
    And when you become 40+ tell us about your F***ING miserable experiences!

AND ONLY THEN YOU WILL APPRECIATE WHAT IS REEEALLY TO BE A TRADER!!!

IT'S LIKE COMPARING ROBIN HOOD TO A PIG :D :D :D

#18     Aug 1, 2003
  9. Merc

Merc

It's about time somebody will tell me how to change fonts and colors on my posts???

How you bro's do that?

:D :D :D

#19     Aug 1, 2003
  10. A consistent 1 ES point a day would send you to
    an early retirement very quickly with the proper
    funding. Screw the MBA job...ZZzzzzzzzzzz :D

peace

axeman

#20     Aug 1, 2003