Why to short the Canadian Dollar

Discussion in 'Economics' started by scriabinop23, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Poole

Poole

well I certainly talked my book in this thread

this could be my dream trade for the next 3 years

if USDCAD ranges between .82 and 1.00 im going to be rich

RICH I tell you

#61     Nov 15, 2007
  2. Why do think the U.S. has no oil? Where do you get your information from? Do you feel faint? Do you have a fever?

#62     Nov 15, 2007
  3. "If " is not a nice word. If price goes up, then buy. If price goes down, then sell. You have the same bug I had a few months, yes I said months, ago. I am still feeling the effects of my illness.

#63     Nov 16, 2007
  4. "Honestly, I dont see anything that America has going for them, how about some of these factors?

-The worlds debtor nation
    -The Americans no longer produce the worlds major and key ideas
    -The NYSE's major winners the past 5 years have been adrs
    -A war that will never go away
    -No oil."

I meant to say no major oil reserves, I guess I can be the first to say maybe perhaps I was wrong.

The CDN is currently trading at 102.37, the last time I looked. It was down 8 cents, but if you long in the long term scheme of things, I still feel the Canadian Dollar is still bullish, due to commodities. Heck I may be wrong, but I guess I would be foolhardy not to admit a mistake, when I see one.

#64     Nov 16, 2007
  5. But exports have really been hit lately by a more than 25% increase in the dollar. At some point the story will start to change, exports won't forever prop the dollar up.
    Either way the trend is downwards for the CDN.

#65     Nov 16, 2007
  6. You are a fool.
    America runs Canada.

The US Dollar will go where the US FED wants it to go.
    If you are smart, you should buy US Dollars NOW.

The Canadian Dollar will be back to 80 cents US within a couple years. Canada can't export with their high social costs over 80 cents/US Dollar.

From one who really knows.

A dual Citizen, with many decades in each country.

Cheers!

#66     Nov 16, 2007
  7. No need to insult me, there.. But look at a 5 year chart, where does the US dollar go. It continues to go down, what fundamentals would there for be an .80 cent Canadian Dollar. Honestly I dont see it happening,..

#67     Nov 16, 2007
  8. ain't seen a bounce in this one to buy

#68     Nov 16, 2007
  9. kashirin

kashirin

It looks like oil sales will be deregulated very soon and oil countries will start selling oil for their own currencies

and then US will have to buy canadian dollars to pay for its oil

by that time I wouldn't exclude 10 US$ for 1C$ and beyond, probably tripling each year

Canadians will be able to buy Manhatan condo for 3-6 month pay

Illegal immigration from US will reach epic proportions. It won't be possible to US citizens get canadian Visa

Only citizens from oil producing counries like russia and mexico will be able to enter Canada visa free

#69     Nov 17, 2007
  10. I realize it is fun to discuss these kind of fundamental issues, but I will never understand why anyone would want to spend there time trying to predict price movement. It is a losing game at best. Just follow the price and manage risk.

#70     Nov 18, 2007