why this board isn't healthy if you trade for a living

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by akdrmeb, May 20, 2009.

1. trendo

trendo

Hi Ken,

What size stop would you use for the ES?
    How far away would you place your target?

#21     May 25, 2009
  2. Eight

Eight

If the theories about the unconscious are correct, the ones that say it can't understand a negative, then maybe ET is good for us. When some bitchy moron posts "You can't trade!!!" with great certitude, our unconscious takes it as "You can trade" with great certainty even, perhaps..

#22     May 25, 2009
  3. Eight

Eight

That's the thing, some expert says "5 pt stops, omg!!"... meaningless, it needs a context, how long will the typical trade last, is the system one with a few winners but they are big, or a lot of small winners, or for that matter maybe even a lot of big winners..

I think the poster was expressing disdain for very short term trades likely... always a joy to see that on ET..

#23     May 25, 2009
  4. This board is purely entertainment, if you are searching for something other than that you are in the wrong place.

Unless you are a snake oil salesman searching for victims then it is useful for that too.

#24     May 25, 2009
  5. excellent points! everybody should read this post.

#25     May 25, 2009
  6. The General

The General Guest

SusanaDT-

I beg to differ with you.

When people post their thoughts it is usually in relation to their own experiences.

To post negative thoughts implies that the poster has had negative experiences-or-not successful at trading.

If people listen to such rubbish then they will also end up in the same boat.

Now-Ken is a small time trader by his own admission-and if he is not the real Ken-I can tell you now that the real Ken is even a smaller time trader.

His so called "Professional Trading Techniques" are nothing short of "Professional Marketing"-this is known to all of us that trade the markets for many years.

To think that an entry is good above / below an even number, at an arbitrary number of 30/35 cent-is nothing short of ridiculous. And then-add in slow stochastics-another fable-and this person shows that he knows absolutely nothing about trading.

Not to mention the famous 2 day x 2 min cup and handle formation-need I repeat myself.

Close your eyes and you will not see anything-open them and you have a chance of seeing great things.

The General

#26     May 25, 2009
  7. The General

The General Guest

Another negative statement-no wonder very few traders can't place wining trades.

It matter not what the Golden Sacks do-all that matters for the individual trader is what that trader will do.

As for Zanger-never heard of him nor have I any intention of finding out anything about him-he will not make money for me.

What you people must realize is that to make money trading is as simple as ABC-or- 123.

There is no need to predict the future-as it is impossible to do anyway. The only person who reputably ever came close to doing so was a man by the name of Edgar Evans Cayce-born in 1877-died in 1945.

Guess what-even he was wrong.

The General

#27     May 25, 2009
  8. Banff01

Banff01

Reading your posts makes me wonder why do you keep coming to this site, ByLoSellHi? It's clear that you don't believe that money can be made from trading or markets as a whole and you keep posting one doom&gloom article after another. Seeing that you have more than eight thousand posts to your name just does not make any sense to me... You could spend your time pushing some worthy humanitarian cause instead of wasting your time here.

#28     May 25, 2009
  9. Eight

Eight

There are some really screwed up people that post an awful lot, and start a lot of threads on this site. This led me to study personality disorders, wikipedia is fine for that, they definitions are there and clear. I don't try to distance diagnose people but the general idea that there are a large and growing number of people out there with major brain and personality problems is a good thing to keep in mind. I researched the idea of factory farmed food vs brain nutrition loss and was really surprised. That is a big part of our problems nowadays.. I hit every supplement I can find that is for the brain and take a nootropic or three or four and really, it's one of the best things I ever did....

#29     May 25, 2009
  10. Malstrom

Malstrom

Sry, but IMO, this is not true. I don't know any trader that is profitable (in a consistant way) / trade for a living... in one word: professional. Who will take money from somebody else to learn how to trade. Its against the pshicology of professional trader. Very often this category of traders, don't put money in first place, i mean, for them, money is just a 'tool' to live their life. So if they want to learn someone to trade, he don't ask for money, the pro trader enjoy to help that begginer trader for FREE.

But for a "trader" who barely make any money, then yes, for them is ok to take money for sharing their knowledge. But also their knowledge is poor.

Also, when you succeed, you don't have very much time for surf the forums like this and even more important you don't want to share your experience and I think that this come from a subconscious level because trading is just boring, almost like a normal job, its normal. You are not fascinated anymore about this.
    So, when I see someone who say: "I'm a pro. trader and I want to couch some begginers for a xxx$ per month..." then, for me, that "trader" is just a snake oil salesman.
    And I'm saying this because... I'm considering myself a pro. trader, (I made a lot of mistakes but I learned from them and I know how hard is trading, it was a very long and painfull journey) and my conclusion is that when you reach some levels in experience, and you KNOW how to control your RISK, then you know that you can [trade for a living] and all this BS that saying smth like : " you can't make money from trading in the long-term" is fals!
    So, if you can make money in the long term, then you don't need to waste your time trying to sell some books,cd's,seminars,etc. to make money.
    just my opinion. English is my second language, sry. Have a nice day.

#30     May 25, 2009