Why there's a political divide with AGW belief

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Feb 7, 2013.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Forty years from today ''global warming' will be viewed as the biggest scientific fraud pulled over the population of the earth. It will be regarded in the same way that the global cooling scare in the 1970s is viewed today. Scientists will attempt to deny their past assertions and ignore their previous papers in woeful attempts to escape the constant mocking of their global victims of bad policy but will find it difficult to evade their wrath in an internet driven age.

#11     Feb 8, 2013
  2. So although we are having temperatures and CO2 levels not seen in thousands of years, AGW does not exist. Sure. Someone is the drooling idiot here and it ain't me. (remember, co2 is a greenhouse gas)

Who's the idiot again?

You are one those AGW deniers referred to in the OP, a cultural identity one.

"Over time, belief in climate science has become less about the science than about establishing a cultural identity — you're a denier or a believer depending on whether you're a Republican or a Democrat, just like you're a Yankees or a Red Sox fan depending on whether you're from New York City or Boston. Of course, polarization is harmless in sports — and indeed, it can be essential to the fun. It's insanity as a basis for complex public policy."

#12     Feb 8, 2013
  3. No thanks I prefer smoked oysters.

#13     Feb 8, 2013
  4. So which irrefutable fact/s below do you deny?

CO2 is a greenhouse gas

Levels are 35% higher over the last 150 years

The CO2 is from man, mostly fossil fuel use.

The world is at temperatures not seen in over a thousand years.
    2012 was the hottest year on record for the US.

The hottest 10 years on record have been in the last 15 years.

Please try to put aside your cultural identity and think logically.

#14     Feb 8, 2013
  5. These idiots have set the reputation of academia back at least a century.

Tooth-fairy school of economics another 100 yrs.

#15     Feb 8, 2013
  6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

AGW doesn't exist.

#16     Feb 8, 2013
  7. Well, I guess you can lead a jackass to water ....

Amazing.

#17     Feb 9, 2013