Why there isn't a new republican revolution...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Arnie

Arnie

The Democrats will make it a lot easier for the Republicans to make a come back, especially with legislation like this so called "stimulus". Even some the msm are finding fault with it.

#11     Jan 29, 2009
  2. Since it all boils down to politics, I noticed how Obama got the CEO's of IBM and Honeywell to stand with him. He is co-oping the Republican label of being "the party of business".

#12     Jan 29, 2009
  3. Hey ZZZzzzz can you teach me how to trade and still manage to make 11 posts in the politics section during the trading day?

#13     Jan 29, 2009
  4. These knuckle dragging paleocons are bad for the economy. Necon deficit spending has been proven to spur economic growth, while fiscal conservatism doesn't. George W. Bush and his advisers actually understood economics, and deserve credit for that.

#14     Jan 29, 2009
  5. Say no more...please.

#15     Jan 29, 2009
  6. The Reagan base had three elements, national security hawks, low tax/opportunity society activists and family values/Evangelicals adherents. Bush pretty much ruined it by managing to get the first two groups at each other's throats, and the media demonized the third. McCain had made a career of attacking the second and third groups, so his chances of getting elected were slim at best. His nomination convinced those groups the party really didn't value them. The GOP has not won a national election since Ike without them, so its first task has to be win them back. Either that or somehow appeal to people like yourself who don't care for them. Moderate and liberal republicans have never amounted to much of a bloc however, certainly not one that can approach Evangelicals in size or enthusiasm.

#16     Jan 29, 2009
  7. Uhhhh, that would be the Bush you voted for twice and defended constantly in the ET forum the past 8 years...

#17     Jan 29, 2009
  8. Same can be said of good old Maverick74 . . . one of the biggest Bush "cheerleaders" on ET, next to AAA of course. His rants in 2002 and 2003 were classic!
    :D

#18     Jan 29, 2009
  9. I criticized him plenty. I defended him here when he was unfairly attacked. He made his share of mistakes, but let's not forget he got one thing very right. He prevented any more attacks after 9/11. Obama will be lucky to be able to say the same, particularly now that his first step has been to appease the nutcase loony wing of his party by going soft on terrorism.

#19     Jan 29, 2009
  10. Do you really believe that Bush is actually responsible for preventing any further attacks after 9/11?

Bush spent > 500 days of his Presidency on VACATION at the Crawford Ranch, Camp David, and Kennebunkport, Maine. That's 25% of his time in office!

And yet according to "Dumbya", his only mistake during his two terms was the "timing" of privatizing Social Security.

Go figure.

#20     Jan 29, 2009