Why the stupid fund Mgr is buying now ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by galvinlee888, Jan 13, 2012.

1. I'm saying any poster on elitetrader can claim to have made a paper trade just to delete it 30 minutes later if it goes against you.

Marketsurfer was especially guilty of this, and I suspect there are a lot more other cases of it than just him.

I don't believe in posting real time calls here, because of that. It's not realistic, and certainly more of a cry for attention to benefit their current position than it is to gain credibility in a public forum where trades and their entry prices may be adjusted or even deleted within that 30 minute period where you're allowed to change anything you might have posted.

#61     Jan 27, 2012
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

That's great Bwol. He's been calling long for like 3 days now. And who cares if people can edit their posts. This isn't some contest. Charlitons are always exposed.

#62     Jan 27, 2012
  3. I never post anything that predict market for time frame less than 30 min as I never change my market view in less than 30 min. Any one that try to predict market movement or direction in less than 30 min is gambling with the noise, and most of them loss - mainly due to broker fees and slippage.

I swing trade for at least few days. I snap more LONG ES positions yesterday before close. I have some IP way to calculate (learn from my previous firm) the market strength but will not share here

For those who follow this thread from the beginning should already making quite a good money from the trade recommendation. This will be my LAST post in this thread as it seemed not many people appreciate it (typical ES attacks especially those losers)

#63     Jan 27, 2012
  4. I wasn't too clear on his position until he reversed with the "crazy rally" comment. Seemed he started short, went long on that comment, told people to take profits on half, added to his long, closed entire position, then told people to go long early yesterday so that seemed to have worked out for him.

It doesn't look like anyone's thanking him for the "advice" on the instrument he recommended.

Galvin, nice trade. We all have different time frames, and I'm not saying you were guilty of changing your post, it's just I have that much skepticism of any call I see on elitetrader for that reason, and others should have that bias against live calls they see on here, too.

I guess you're long, and it has taken awhile but my pairs system went to oversold recently so this rally might continue. My signals were a little behind until this time near the end of the month, and I hope they aren't wrong about the reversal, but I don't have a buy signal just yet.

I think we'll go down about 10-15 points on NQ, 5-7 on ES, then resume the rally between now and the end of tuesday. If we don't get a little dip before then I'm probably going to say to wait until there is either a dip or try another short a couple percent higher from here.

My indicator says we're at fair value, and until we're either under or overvalued I can't say what my position would be, but, good job on those ES calls.

#64     Jan 27, 2012