Why The Stimulus Will Succeed Or Why it Will Fail...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by TopTrader8, Feb 15, 2009.

1. You give your average Joe $ixpack a check for $1-2000 and what do they do with it?
    Go spend it at Walmart, Sears, BestBuy, HomeDepot and food/beer/cigarettes.

How's that going to help your economy? Most of that cash ends up owned by foreigners who keep selling here, putting you in more debt.

#21     Feb 16, 2009
  2. I don't know. Higher tarriffs on imports maybe? So, Walmart and others will start to find it cheaper to get their supplies from more American manufacturer? I don't know, just a thought...hmmm

#22     Feb 16, 2009
  3. Best way to start *reforming* the country is with a European-style VAT(value-added-tax). Make it say 20% on purchases of non-food items. This would reduce the flow of $$$ going overseas. A side effect of this would then be higher rate of savings. Less consumption. Start there!

#23     Feb 16, 2009
  4. We don't want people to save right now, we want them to spend.
    Not sure how you think individual savings will boost the ecomomy currently. If you are saying this will enable banks to lend to the private sector so that they can create jobs, why would the private sector even want the capital for this if there is no demand for their goods and services? They would only need credit from the bank to hire more workers or boost their inventories if they have customer demanding their goods or services.

I do like the idea of taxation thru consumption and the abolishment of the IRS. That's why I wanted Huckabee to become president.

#24     Feb 16, 2009

5. Uhh who's #1 then? Seems to me like countries all over the world are feeling the heat just as much or worse than we are.

#25     Feb 16, 2009
  6. dinoman

dinoman

Yep, You have the answer "Kill innovation" It sounds like a grand plan! NOT!

How about start off with telling the GOV to get the hell out of education?

Where were these geniuses, when they should have been telling us about risk/leverage? Where were they when they should have been telling us about BS rediculous CC rates, Mort Rates and so on? (or MAYBE THEIR SUPPORT OF LETTING CC COMPANIES CHANGE THE RULES AT ANY TIME?) Is this part of educating the majority to better our country/ or ones self?

Exactly! They have no interest in doing this because they need puppets in order to keep their puppet master status.

If the schmucks that are elected cared about this they would have implemented it years ago, but the answer is they don't. Why? Because they want to feel like they are important and can legislate our lives better because we are all stupid as hell.

This dialog could go on forever, but at this time I will end it with this.

This will happen if things don't drastically change in the favor of the people who make this a great nation.

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.”

JFK

As much as I would hate to see this happen it is staring us straight in the face!

#26     Feb 16, 2009
  7. dinoman

dinoman

How about no IRS and no consumption tax? Oh damn the people would have so much money they wouldn't know what to do with it! (It is their money and they earned it!) A consumption tax is another B.S. cop out for government control! Tit for tot is all it comes down too.

#27     Feb 16, 2009
  8. Well, my point is more along the lines of...if you tell millions of kids you're #1 over & over, the country gets the sense that it'll always be that way as they grow up and nothing will change. Look at today's kids...lazy, entitled, want it now attitudes.

But,

Last month China surpassed the US in auto sales/production for the 1st time. Did you know that?

The european bloc countries if considered as 1 market are bigger than the US in GDP terms.

Many foreign-made products are better than their domestic counterparts (which was not the case years ago).

The US is no longer a "leader" in businesses like banking, insurance, automobiles, computers, etc, etc

One by one these industries keep going to foreign hands.

US is the undisputed #1 in 3 areas: Military (so far), food production (so far), and foreign debt!

But food production, especially the kind the US produces is a LOW margin business.

And unless the US intends to have WW3, military power doesn't pay the bills.

#28     Feb 16, 2009
  9. dinoman

dinoman

You have that dead on balls right!

#29     Feb 16, 2009
  10. dinoman

dinoman

Are you serious ???

For Christ sake do some research and crunch some numbers and then maybe you can stave off the heart attack you may have by seeing the reality of whats going on!

#30     Feb 16, 2009