Why The Stimulus Will Succeed Or Why it Will Fail...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by TopTrader8, Feb 15, 2009.

1. That's because they didn't use a market order. Most likely they used a limit order. But, this is a fair analogy I think.
    In the case of the economy, the stimulus would have the effect of the limit order if the workers use most of their earnings to pay down on their debts instead of using most of it to buy American goods and services. On the other hand, the stimulus would have the effect of a market order if the workers use their earnings to jumpstart the economy by purchasing American goods and services.

Market Orders are immediate demand for supply.
    Limit Orders are not.

#11     Feb 16, 2009
  2. dinoman

dinoman

HUH???!!!

Tell me how you flip the bird to China and still ask them to fund our retardnation? What's the benefit on their part "HOPE"?

#12     Feb 16, 2009
  3. Yes its debt . . . and it will be paid. The debt will be in the form of increased taxes for years in the future. The debt will be paid in the form of inflation . . . (government types love that, because people are too ignorant to see that rising prices are a result of inflated currency, not something that 'just happens').
    The government workers and auto workers will love it . . . all they see is the cash in their hands. But everyone else will pay for it and what isn't readily seen is the opportunities and new enterprises that could have been formed if the market was allowed to correct things, debt was retired, and savings was directed to new investments. Instead the money will go to those who have failed.

#13     Feb 16, 2009
  4. I don't know. Maybe they should learn how to print more of their own currency to get it into the hands of their own consumers so that they can buy more of their own goods and services in their own country just like I am suggesting that we do for ourselves.

I'm not saying this should be a permanent solution because globalization of goods and services has its merits but for now globalization is killing us. Fewer and fewer jobs are available here in this country because their being out sourced overseas.

We need to concentrate, for now, on job creation here before we try to satisfy needs of the rest of the world. If we can't take care of ourselves first of all, how are we going to be able to take care of the needs of the rest of the world. There will be a time to continue global expansion but now is not that time.

#14     Feb 16, 2009
  5. dtan1e

dtan1e

simple minded

#15     Feb 16, 2009
  6. gnome

gnome

That's the Big Picture answer... most Americans won't recongnize the process, so won't oppose.

Here's a paste of an email sent to me over the weekend... (identity withheld)

".. I just figured this out

Dialectic Philosophy. The Commies used it for years. To drive a nail, the first action is NOT to strike with a hammer. The very first action is to draw the hammer BACK, THEN strike.
    The hammer's been drawn back.
    Here's how it'l go.
    In a while,1 yr, maybe 2, Globama addresses the nation saying he's sorry, the "Stimulus Package" didn't work.
    More sacrifice is needed.
    All of your assets (car, house, boat, motorcycle, 4 wheeler, guns
    ( to register them!) will be taxed, and everyone has to pony up 50% of their income.
    Then 75%, then da Gubmint will take all wealth and all paychecks.
    In return da Gubmint will dole out chits.
    Every month, you have to report to a FEMA center and get a "chit" for your food and gas.
    Everyone will be issued a Federal Goverment "I.D." Card.
    Here it comes!
    Whatcha think gnome..do I have it figured out or what?!?! ..."

We won't know the specifics until we see them, but I too believe this is the general direction and slant of our future...

Unless, of course, we collectively wake up and get rid of our current corrupt style of government...

And no, NObama is NOT the "hope and change" to reverse the rot.... rather he's INTEGRAL IN ITS ACCELERATION!

:mad: :mad:

#16     Feb 16, 2009
  7. No, the truth and most of you don't know it.

#17     Feb 16, 2009
  8. dinoman

dinoman

With all due respect magic wands are for fairy tales! As much as I would like to see this work it is not REALITY! Nore wiLL it ever be!

#18     Feb 16, 2009
  9. dtan1e

dtan1e

since u seem to know so much why don't u tell me what would u consider a large fund?

#19     Feb 16, 2009
  10. dinoman

dinoman

AMEN TO THAT!

#20     Feb 16, 2009