Why the S&P is a buy now?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by andrasnm, Nov 19, 2005.

1. speaks volumes to me...

diverging volume on the entire last move up to recent highs = game over soon

#11     Nov 19, 2005
  2. plugger

plugger

" I won't even get into his obvious mental problems."

quoted from Toad.

Actually Toad, I would love to hear about these.

#12     Nov 19, 2005
  3. Pabst

Pabst

Volume is meaningless.....

#13     Nov 21, 2005
  4. Urkel

Urkel

I really hope u people arent buying into this Cramer bs about HF being short so the have to cover before the year is over so the market must go higher. Do u really think that these HF are naked short major indicies and stocks outright? If u believe this u have alot to learn about HF trading strategies.

Also, the fact that alot of HF do alot of trading outside the stock market is something else to consider.

As far as whether the market will contiue to go higher, doubt it. I would like to hear some reasons why u feel your long from the beginning of the month is still golden though, aside from the chart you posted.

#14     Nov 21, 2005
  5. bighog

bighog Guest

Cramer, is on an ego trip. Remember the disclaimer: Past results are no guarantee of future performance.

If i was trading stocks and depended on listening to him for advice i would either be a rookie or a candidate to see a shrink. I mean come on, "that is investment advice?

Cramer is living on past victories, these days he is just milking the past. Would a sane person with lots of money do what he does for anything but ego? I think not......

:eek:

#15     Nov 21, 2005
  6. who else can move an 86 billion dollar company a over point? he did it again tonight with ups. cnbc has given him a loud voice.

#16     Nov 21, 2005
  7. ===============

May very well be a buy off your line charts & it was today ;
    SPX/SPY looks a bit late for a precision entry on my candlecharts for 11-22-05, but 2 great reasons to let profits ride.

1] Shallow pullbacks all NOV.

2]Dow Theory;
    applied to SPY/SPX, & selected oil stocks.{havent had time to apply it to DOW here}

Same reason shorts are still riding polar bear trends in big media sector ;
    Dow Theory applied to big media sector., not applied to DOW
    :cool:

#17     Nov 21, 2005