Why the S&P 500 will be much higher in 5 years?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Duarte, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Duarte

Duarte

I also agree with that.
    I did my analysis, and I acted accordingly.

I don´t think that we should put all the money in a buy and hold strategy, but a small percentage of the money, in the current situation, I think it is a good idea.

#31     Jan 10, 2013
  2. The Bloomberg Global Aggregate Hedge Fund Index was up 1.1% last year.

Ouch. And people wonder why the market is so dead these days...

#32     Jan 10, 2013
  3. Duarte

Duarte

My guess is that the S&P 500 will rise to its resistance line, close to the level of 1575.

Chart - S & P500 index monthly candlestick chart between May 1999 and March 2013.

[​IMG]

#33     Mar 3, 2013
  4. Duarte

Duarte

In the first months of this year, the evolution of “buy and hold” portfolios was positive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#34     Mar 9, 2013
  5. the S&P can go up 200 points or it can go down 600 points. its when the markets decide to look at the real truth it will drop. i want to know who would take ben's job at the fed. if you bring a drop of reality to the stock markets they will drop 40%.

#35     Mar 9, 2013
  6. The question of the day is why did you not post this months ago say during the election time? Its curious how everyone comes out to pound the desks to go long after months of bullish action but never before.

#36     Mar 9, 2013
  7. doesn't he run a company that takes in a billion dollars a day and can borrow a trillion no questions asked? I'd take his job if they paid me a percentage

#37     Mar 9, 2013
  8. I was married to an INFJ for decades... I fully get that quote too

#38     Mar 9, 2013
  9. it was a quote by Keynes after he went broke

funny isn't it how many of us still revere him as a brilliant economist

In his old age he was repulsed by those who took his teachings as economic religious dogma

I think his real thing was, "You gotta change with the times."

One time the conservatives were arguing how in the long run his plan was not sustainable

His reply was, "Well, in the long run we will all be dead."

#39     Mar 9, 2013
  10. I'm pretty sure you got it wrong. His reply "In the long run we will all be dead" was in response to Hayek's notion that markets eventually work themselves out and there is no need to intervene to take action to stimulate demand, regardless of how long that takes.

Keynes response meant that it's better to do SOMETHING now to get the economy moving (if it's not happening organically) rather than wait for it to occur naturally when, by that time, we may all be dead :)

#40     Mar 9, 2013