Why the "rubber meets the road" Hershey thread?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by trader56, Jun 28, 2010.

1. My original comment was on page 94 where I differentiated between probabilitistici info theory (Derman, Bass, and Covel) and using Carnap and Keynes (non probalistic).

To respond to the comments on illustration 15, I mentioned, further, the dilleniation of the two thinking approaches by referring to pages 190 and 191 of TF. which, in fact, only address the probabilisitic aspects of critical thinking.

It is perfectly alright for Covel to call me either a nut or moron for bringing up what I do in a context of the thinkoing of others who do not do any problem solving from a deductive scientific viewpoint.

As I suggest in my response to being called a nut or moron, I believe that it all comes out in the wash at some point.

It is great for trader56 to have the bias that he shares with Covel, et al. It is NOT unusual for people to judge me based on their orientation.

The orientation I have is very useful to a group of very successful traders. If a person is reasoning about how to make money, it may not be a good idea to accept other's opinions of me that are based on a standard that is differentt than the standard of performance of what these successful traders DO.

Trading as an expert often involves using reasoning that is considered counterintuitive in the CW arena.

With respect to monitoring, often monitoring emphasizes maintaining orderliness in threads and forums.

My comments on derman, Bass, Taleb and Covel are just founded on the reality of taking their views into consideration when an expert trader is being exacting in his thinking about how to correctly do the "taking" of the market's offer.

For me, it is not a consideration of choosing whether I am a nut or a moron. Covel thinks it is. For him it may be, but that is not my problem or a problem of moderation in that thread.

Trader56's thread here in this forum is just another dialog about how things go in reality. He may want more bashing left up in the thread. repeating the same bashing only makes the thread longer and more difficult to follow.

My comments to both the guy who's ass fell off and Covel are serious replies that are filled with pertinent thoughts. I fished the Flatbrook many times. and I am very familiar with the book Covel wrote and the staff at Prentice Hall. I have declined their offer.

#11     Jul 2, 2010
  2. It came back to me. There was a newbie who had about 22 posts in a journal and had been here 8 days, and Oracle was praising this newbie and telling him how he was using this newbie's calls to consider for his own trading.

I mean, hello?

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2884978&highlight=23#post2884978

#12     Jul 2, 2010
  3. charts

charts

It would be nice to spread this kind of aggressiveness across ET ... :)

#13     Jul 2, 2010
  4. charts

charts

Intentionally or not you overlooked this:
    ... :)

#14     Jul 2, 2010
  5. charts

charts

And these ... :)

#15     Jul 2, 2010
  6. None of this has anything to do with the issue. For example, this trader is more credible because he posts them on facebook or puts them into an Excel spreadsheet or puts his trades into his posts ????????????????????????????????????????????????

Get lost

#16     Jul 3, 2010
  7. 1) I have only deleted posts that users like charts have complained about, I don't pay attention to the thread nor do I follow JH's methods.

2) I do check to see if the post violates terms of service, for example when another user called JH a moron, when JH never called that person any names.

3) Please note there are other moderators that delete posts in that forum, I know this to be a fact since when I see a complaining e-mail, and I go to check it out, the post has already been deleted.

4) Also, for those that have questioned my trading ability and the few put their money where their mouth is, have ended up sending me money by paypal.

#17     Jul 5, 2010
  8. One other note, if you are complaining of a post, you only need to do it once, trust me, all moderators get the e-mail, we don't need you to complain about it multiple times, it will not make me delete it faster. I may be sleeping or trading or not on the Internet at the time that you make your complaint.

Also, this is a private website, you don't have the right of free speech, and even some of my own posts have been deleted in the past.

There is a thread in chitchat I believe, where you can make remarks about JH.

Also, if these threads are not moderated, then it just ends up being like yahoo message board with multiple user names all calling each other idiots and spamming.

#18     Jul 5, 2010