Why the rich get the tax breaks and the middle class get tax hikes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, May 10, 2008.

1. good bye!

we keep hearing all these excuses and threats of leaving, just do it!

see what happens in other countries, the opportunities are here in America, and the responsibility remains upon those that benefit to continue to support the system that allowed them and others to benefit...

without the infrastructure, we remain nothing anyway, this polyana arguement is the worse exercise in self interest and stupidity that any Econ 9101 class debunks in their first introductory month of class.....

so,

good bye and America will be better off without these fickle, non tax paying welch(s).....

#21     May 12, 2008
  2. dtan1e

dtan1e

from the diverse array of responses, i can see there r various degree of logic in each arguments which say that there r no right or wrong answers depending on who gains & loses in the tax system applied, the only definite thing i can is /w this gentleman that there's nothing like a good bowl of ramen ! :D

#22     May 12, 2008
  3. gnome

gnome

The one constant is the list of whiners who wail, "I want somebody to pay more so that I can pay less".

Say.... THAT could be a political platform.

#23     May 12, 2008
  4. gnome, you're a genius. What a great slogan. I can't ever remember being among a group of people and wishing they would pay more taxes so I could pay less.

When I had interaction with people who had more money than I, I figured hey, they just worked harder or were smarter, to have what they had, I never thought about throwing an extra tax on them so I could pay less.

#24     May 12, 2008
  5. actually as traders we should all want to pay more in taxes....

can anyone figure out why?

very simple answer.....

it has something to do with why we come to work as traders every day...

#25     May 12, 2008

6. actually as traders we should all want to be rich....

can anyone figure out why?

very simple answer.....

it has something to do with why we come to work as traders every day...

#26     May 15, 2008