Why the recession (and the bear market) is now over and done...

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Port1385, Apr 12, 2009.

1. He "lifts" other people's work all the time.

#11     Apr 12, 2009
  2. #12     Apr 12, 2009
  3. This is the signal for the top of the bear market rally.

Port said to go "all in" on FAZ when it was in the 40's last month. Now it's below 11 and he's wildly bullish.

#13     Apr 12, 2009
  4. piezoe

piezoe

Port, i guess it's you against George Soros. (May the best man win!) :D

#14     Apr 12, 2009
  5. It's all about jobs jobs jobs jobs.

Bottom Line: The market continues to behave in a bullish way, and a short-term buy signal has been upgraded to a medium-term buy signal. It is possible that it is the beginning of a new bull market, but the technical evidence says that this is only a bear market rally.

#15     Apr 12, 2009
  6. Illum

Illum

lol, good one port

#16     Apr 12, 2009
  7. lrm21

lrm21

:D Nice I like what you did there

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_01/seymour062001.html

Here is my favorite

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S."
    - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933

Its coming

#17     Apr 12, 2009
  8. ...and no war to get us out of it.

#18     Apr 12, 2009
  9. All,

Technical and Fundemental is NOT the real push behind the equity market, but is the sentiment.

Due to wahtever reason, all the "bad news" became unavailable to public (like the stress test result from the bank) and we suddently have a lot of positive news emerge like so called "sign of botton up" signal , and the impact is that most of the herd (not pro initially) are rushing into the market in the last few weeks and pushed up the market. This and then follow by pro and they ride the flow together with the herd (even they all know the uptrend is false and the fundemental of the economy remain really really bad.) But this is how the price vs speculation work in real world, and we all suddenly back to bull market again.

Nest week we will have several critical earnings, but the market expectation to those earning are so low and a small "surprice" will pump the market up again, even if a BS CEO in one of the company say something like this - " we are having the worst quater earning in the last 20 years, but we see sign of recovery and we believe we will get a much better result next quater" (Which is completely BS as who know what the hell happen in the next 90 days ) - but you know what ? market will take it and move up for another 300 points !!

#19     Apr 12, 2009
  10. Specterx

Specterx

Jesus dude....

I mean, personally I did start loading up on "investment" stocks when we broke 740. But IMO it's very unlikely that we have seen the end of the decline, and future prospects for this country are pretty awful. The worst thing is that we don't seem to be making any positive changes as a result of this crisis. Instead we're just taking on more debt, keeping the zombie companies alive, retaining the same hapless and bankrupt politics, and generally maintaining the privileges and position of the existing elites that have led us over the cliff.

I think we might stabilize or reverse the decline in about 40 years - might. But it'll all be downhill until then. There certainly is and will continue to be value in individual companies or business sectors, there will still be areas of the economy that exhibit dynamism and innovation, but I don't think you want to be long SPY.

#20     Apr 12, 2009