Why the need to post PnL, real-time calls, etc?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by romik, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Off topic: Right now I can think of four different women, all lovely and in their 30s who seem happily married, kids, careers, etc. All four of them recently had or are still having secret affairs that their husbands are blissfully unaware of. Looking in from the outside, it would be impossible to tell anything is amiss.

I can think of a few male friends who all had affairs, and every one of them got busted by their ladies. This is not meant to be sexist at all... just making a point. I personally find men far more transparent and easy to "tell" than women. In my opinion, women are far better at concealment than men. To me, men tend to brag and/or be transparent, while women are wisely content to keep their truths hidden away.

#51     Sep 26, 2006
  2. Eagle,

I suggest that you veer away from the P&L thread then if you feel this way. There are plenty of other threads for you to enjoy here.

#52     Sep 26, 2006
  3. i like hearing other peoples calls - but without supporting facts/evidence/theory / charts/stop loss/profit objective - its all garbage

#53     Sep 26, 2006
  4. Dustin

Dustin

Before most of you guys even started trading there were constant posts on ET from noobs asking if anyone really made money at this. The PnL thread not only answers this question but provides some inspiration and hope. It's far from worthless imo.

#54     Sep 26, 2006
  5. Big Tick.

Its an answer to all those who finally lose it and start the "you can't make money trading" threads.

#55     Sep 26, 2006
  6. romik

romik

I just thought it would be only fair to say that the earlier posted PnL was indeed a fake one.

There, I came clean. I guess nobody will EVER believe in my PnL scans from now on.

#56     Sep 26, 2006
  7. I can this with 100% confidence since I had done it myself (on a diff board).

People who post thier real-time calls are paper trading - 100% of the time. They are progressing toward taking the step to actually trading but they aren't trading those calls with real money. They simply aren't. Posting calls is the next step toward giving yourself the confidence to actually pull the trigger - it's the closest you can get to being held liable for an actual position (everyone seeing it) without having to put money behind it.

I am excluding those who post P/L. Perhaps the guy who posts once is fake, but those who post regularly are not specific enough to get laudatory praise for any specific brilliance.

#57     Sep 26, 2006
  8. Lets cut through your BS here - you are talking about yourself and how you act out your insecurities... Therefore EVERYONE must be just as pathetic as you...

Give me a break. I can name at least 10 guys here who have and still occasionally do post calls and trade real money - myself included.

What bunch of generalized garbage.

Mike

#58     Sep 26, 2006
  9. 4re

4re

Ah ha ha ha ha

Not only are you 100% confident you are also 100% genius to. Since you are/were scamming everyone else is as well.

#59     Sep 26, 2006
  10. Leave it to a troll to take a comment used by someone in order to qualify thier comments (speaking from my own experience) as a reason to flame them.

#60     Sep 26, 2006