Why the need to post PnL, real-time calls, etc?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by romik, Sep 24, 2006.

1. 4re

4re

Just a shot in the dark here, that is was done on NinjaTrader Simulation. :)

#31     Sep 26, 2006
  2. romik

romik

What do you think about my scan of Ninja's account summary window, is it legit or not? Forget ticket scans for now, let's deal with one thing at a time please.

#32     Sep 26, 2006
  3. romik

romik

I know what you are saying, but the bottom account is a real one, hence account number is covered up in pink :))), I can undo the Sim101 cover ups, that's not relevant, sorry old chap

#33     Sep 26, 2006
  4. 4re

4re

Yes you can, anybody that knows just a little about photoshop can create some very nice PnL snapshots or even tickets or anything. Then you can do your best internet acting job and say "I don't know computers very well but I think this is how to post PnL isn't it"

#34     Sep 26, 2006
  5. JORGE

JORGE

Posting a daily P/L is no different than any other corporation posting daily sales #'s through their internal network for everyone to see. When I worked as a broker, commission #'s were posted daily, serving as great motivational tool. I prefer not to post my #'s out of fear that it will effect my trading, but I do check the thread daily to see where I stand.

#35     Sep 26, 2006
  6. romik

romik

Anyway, the absence of opinions means that people just don't know what to make of it. I can post something else, like a clearing firm's statement, but would it be genuine or a fake?

I guess, that's the real reason, for me anyway, to post real-time calls instead of PnL images, of course there are genuine posters out there, but it does take time to know who is for real and who isn't.

It would be great to hear from others who post either PnL and/or real-time calls of their motivation to do so.

#36     Sep 26, 2006
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

look real

#37     Sep 26, 2006
  8. romik

romik

:D any more opinions guys?

#38     Sep 26, 2006
  9. Of course, anything can be forged. I have not seen anyone go through the trouble of doing it (yet). On these message boards, there simply is no credibility. In fact, even if the person was standing right in front of you, then there is still a problem of credibility and trust.

***I would never trust, rely or give credit to anything I see on a message board.***

You have to act like a real police detective when using the internet to research a stock or strategy. People might not tell you the truth so you have to be clever.

#39     Sep 26, 2006
  10. I think it fairly easy to tell who is faking their numbers. However, I do tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. So far there has only been one exposed person faking their numbers - I would speculate there are a few more however... anyway, reading in between the lines of what some of the posers post on other threads usually tells the story. Their knowledge just kinda smells of BS (I'm not going to put out any names).

Anyways - Steve (and others who believe the same), why the need to hide the stocks you trade? I'm not asking you to reveal them or anything but I'm just curious. I still trade some unknowns here and there, but mainly I do the liquid stuff that everyone knows about. Do you gain edge by not having as much liquidity at certain price levels?

Thanks,

Mike

#40     Sep 26, 2006