Why the need to post PnL, real-time calls, etc?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by romik, Sep 24, 2006.

1. If they insist on a PnL, just ignore them, they may go away. If they badger you and won't go away you can always have the boys down at Kinkos photoshop whatever you need. If all else fails get a new handle and start all over. Just ask Rubberbird,, umm I mean Thorn:D :D

ps. Sorry to be the first one to flame this thread. The joining of hands in a circle and singing Koombaya made me want to hurl.

#11     Sep 25, 2006
  2. romik

romik

sorry, I didn't get that one. I am referring to genuine cases, not faking it. Why do you do it Bill?

#12     Sep 25, 2006
  3. Never really felt the need personally.

BUT, there are some truely talented guys that do it. Yes, ET is a flame fest, and most don't know shit, but guys like Reardon Metal stick it over and over.

And then get royally flamed for it.

Weird

#13     Sep 25, 2006
  4. Seriously, I heard it said on ET one too many times that Intraday Market Timing is a myth, no way it works, blah,blah. Just wanted to prove with the most transparrent real time posts what I discovered and use myself in REAL trading. I have been amazed since last December and I think there have been some core beliefs changed on ET since I started the Chronicles of Rennick. I don't know how much longer I'll keep doing it, but so far it has been fun.

Rennick

#14     Sep 25, 2006
  5. Wetton

Wetton

"my wife doesn't understand what's there to be excited about"

Don't you know it's not a real job? You must leave the house everyday for it to be considered a real job. You must have to ask for time off for it to be a real job. You need to be stuck in traffic everyday for it to be a real job. You need a signature at the bottom of a paycheque for it to be a real job. You need to call someone "boss" for it to be a real job.

No, it doesn't matter that you bust your nuts harder than most people at 'real jobs'. Once you accept the fact that you don't have a real job, life gets easier.

#15     Sep 25, 2006
  6. romik

romik

that's one confusing post, what are you saying exactly?

#16     Sep 25, 2006
  7. Wetton

Wetton

sorry romik, i was ranting. i empathized with your statement that your wife doesn't understand your enthusiasm. i think a lot of people who do this feel the same way. i guess it's a lonely occupation when it comes right down to it.

#17     Sep 25, 2006
  8. romik

romik

The main reason I don't post PnL screenshots is because of the following.

Observing the attached image, could somebody tell me whether it is real or not?

• pnl.jpg
      File size:
      86.8 KB
      Views:
    #18     Sep 26, 2006
  9. I simply post up a high probablility strategy that I've done for 25 years to show new people that even a very simply (opening only) strategy can make money without all the "hoopla" about how difficult trading is. We all know that it's not the trading that is tough (trading is actually pretty simple, not easy, but simple)...it's the head trip everyone goes through.

If they can start the day ahead (most of the time) with a simple strategy, maybe that will motivate them to become traders.

Don

#19     Sep 26, 2006
  10. romik

romik

WADR what you do is different, I haven't seen you making real-time calls nor post PnL. Maybe you have done and I haven't seen it.

#20     Sep 26, 2006