Why the National Debt Can’t Be Paid Off

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, Jul 26, 2010.

1. zdreg

zdreg

the problem is that many people are asking the same question and are very serious just as you are. for decades south america and africa have been run by governments who don't believe in free markets, who don't believe in private enterprise and believe in a command economy and spend spend. the results of that ponzi scheme are there for everyone to see.

biting the bullet today ensures for a better future tomorrow.

#21     Jul 26, 2010
  2. nbates

nbates

a story I thought was funny, ...when riding in a cab in Toronto talking politics with the driver, he explained that in His country government officials get elected for a term and at the end of it they either get re-elected or lose the election, and if they lose the people vote whether or not the politician spends the "next term" in jail...it sure would be great to have a policy like that here in America, lol :)

#22     Jul 26, 2010
  3. Mercor

Mercor

pay it off over 100 years and it is not to bad.

#23     Jul 26, 2010
  4. Sanaz3

Sanaz3

Why the National Debt Can’t Be Paid Off?

Because it's a Ponzi Scheme, it is NOT supposed to ever be paid off!

#24     Jul 26, 2010
  5. I think you left out the bit about how the government can generate money from taxes. They don't borrow all their money you know.

#25     Jul 26, 2010
  6. kxvid

kxvid

Greenspan actually got really concerned that the national debt would be paid off during Clinton's presidency. Without national debt there would be no treasuries, which create the "reserves" for the banking system. Luckily in his infinite wisdom, he adverted the "problem" of the debt being paid off.

#26     Jul 26, 2010
  7. Wow, this is getting better and better... Treasuries "creating reserves" for the banking system!!! Haven't heard that one before.

#27     Jul 27, 2010
  8. Jeff700

Jeff700

The only future is the future without the fed

To make matters even worse, instead of just perpetual debt and loss of currency value. These bankers dictate wars.
    Every single dollar printed comes with interest attached to it payable to FED.

#28     Jul 27, 2010
  9. Please, please stop the nonsense, I beg of you!!!! I can't handle any more coconuts posting utter drivel. Before attempting to criticize the current system at least acquire a most basic understanding of how it works.

#29     Jul 27, 2010
  10. You don't sound any smarter under your new alias you know...

#30     Jul 27, 2010