Why the National Debt Can’t Be Paid Off

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Did I hit a nerve? I'm so sorry.
    Next time, come back with something more substantial.

#11     Jul 26, 2010
  2. "Why should I care about future generations? What have they ever done for me?"

Groucho Marx

#12     Jul 26, 2010
  3. olias

olias

+1

#13     Jul 26, 2010
  4. Facts and reality have a liberal bias.

#14     Jul 26, 2010
  5. Actually, that's a very valid point.... It really doesn't matter which of the two parties is in charge. It's just one of the flaws of the democratic style of government: its incentive structure, almost by definition, encourages short-termism, which leads to severely pro-cyclical policies.

#15     Jul 26, 2010
  6. piezoe

piezoe

I just wanted t say that that struck me as one of the funniest things I've ever read on ET. I'm still chuckling about it.

#16     Jul 26, 2010
  7. there was nothing substantial in the prior trefoil post, so there was no need for him/her to post something "substantial."

#17     Jul 26, 2010
  8. Larson

Larson Guest

quite correct.

#18     Jul 26, 2010
  9. Yep. Since everyone else thinks I'm one, I suppose I should welcome you to the Certified Idiots Party.
    Actually, that reminds me of my favorite personal ad ever: "Certified Idiot Seeks Same. No Morons Need Apply."

#19     Jul 26, 2010
  10. Well, the FT pays Martin Wolf to write substance, not fluff. The UK gov (the current, conservative one) brought him in to help with dealing with their banks. I feel quite comfortable saying I posted something of substance that none of you who think I'm an idiot have managed even a remotely coherent reply to.

#20     Jul 26, 2010