Why the market crash / bank crisis / bailout occurred just weeks before the election?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by crgarcia, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Very true without a doubt!

#11     Oct 20, 2008
  2. Ever read John Grishams' "The Brethren" ??
    It explains it all.
    CIA's in charge.
    Hilarious book.

#12     Oct 20, 2008
  3. jprad,

I have no doubt that the people with money and power have the situation well in hand... for their good. The rest of us serve their ends. Check history on Rome, the Babylonians, even Japan. Their money and power people never wanted for anything after they screwed the populus they had control over. The people perished in various ways, but those families went on to more wealth and more power. I do not know how anyone can buy the fallacy sold them in the media. I prefer facts, so the news is of no use to me.

#13     Oct 20, 2008
  4. +1

#14     Oct 20, 2008
  5. LMFAO!

No offense, AMT, but that was damn funny.

#15     Oct 20, 2008
  6. jprad

jprad

If "they" had things well in hand derivatives would never have gotten so out of hand...

#16     Oct 20, 2008
  7. Seriously, how do we know that's not part of the plan?:eek:

#17     Oct 20, 2008
  8. Lest it reveal me as a card carrying member of the tinfoil hat crowd, I do believe that something went terribly, terribly wrong about 1 to 2 months ago precipitating all this mess.

Everything works. Until it doesn't.

#18     Oct 20, 2008
  9. Sometimes all you need is a little gentle push and everything goes hell in a basket and there's blood on the street. Which is supposed to be a good time to buy. Taking advantage of an opportunity they call it:D

And why spend your own money when you can get it from congress, interst free (I mean they said hopefully taxpayer will make money on it, but there's no contract terms there) - I mean, W doesn't give a f*ck anymore, doesn't he?

#19     Oct 20, 2008
  10. What makes you think that they care?

#20     Oct 20, 2008