Why the Left is destroying their own nation

Discussion in 'Politics' started by carrer, Mar 21, 2018.

1. carrer

carrer

Why haven't they realize?

2. exGOPer

exGOPer

Muslims are conservatives, they are anti-gay, anti-abortion, anti-woman's rights, anti-democracy, pro-morachy, anti-tax and anti liberal in every other way.

Just because liberals everywhere defend conservative Muslim from mass persecution, doesn't make Muslims lefties.

Why don't Cons realize how dumb they are?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  3. Remember when the Mujaheddin were the darlings of the cons in the 80s, brave fighters against godless commies in Afghanistan?

They are morons and dangerously so. Only on the internet and the far end of bars, away from normal people can dumb things like carrer blather on.

Tony Stark likes this.
  4. jem

jem

why don't leftist drones realize the distinction is really about individual liberty vs govt control.
    like muslim theocracies the left pushes for bigger more controlling govt and less freedom.

Why don't leftist drones realize that is the true dichotomy.
    these days you are either marching towards big international governance and anti liberty or you are for smaller more local govt and freedom.

and abortion is not a litmus test of liberty.

you are not supporting a civil rights issue and women if you are not looking at the rights and liberty of the child including the female ones.

Piptaker likes this.
  5. UsualName

UsualName

The republicans are the only ones pushing religion in government.

You’re just mad because you agree with Muslim theocracy more than American liberals.

exGOPer and Slartibartfast like this.
  6. piezoe

piezoe

Because it isn't. Good government and liberty are allies not adversaries. That's the test to determine if government is good or bad,i.e., does it protect liberty or does it diminish it. Those who think government is bad without making the distinction between good and bad government are the cause of serious problems, and the source of much disruption and unrest. But they are not necessarily at fault. Many are doing the best they can given their stultifying ignorance. Good democratic government must contain within itself the seeds of its own destruction. Therein lies the great irony of good government.

futurecurrents and exGOPer like this.
  7. jem

jem

theocracy and communism both demand one practice their religion as the govt determines.
    They are the polar opposites of a govt which allows the practice of many religions and no religion.

I despise muslim theocracy you moron troll, usual name.
    I have a major problem with them forcing religious beliefs on anyone.
    I have a major problem with them allowing gays to be targeted for death.
    And seeing Yazidis turned into sex slaves and everything else.
    I think all people taking part in Female Genital Mutilation should be put in jail... (other than the women)
    I think attacking women with acid should be punished by 10 years in jail minimum.
    I think sharia law is incompatible with living under our Constitution.

And, I would be against a Christian Theocracy for the US as much as i would be against Communism.

I believe in the Constitution as the founders wrote it minus the slavery crap.

8. UsualName

UsualName

I’m sorry but I think you are very confused on this. American liberalism and Muslim theocracy are almost exact opposites.

It’s ok for you to dislike both but equating them is intellectually dishonest. They have almost nothing in common.

exGOPer likes this.
  9. jem

jem

Would anyone in America say that California has gotten more free in the last 30 years?
    (you might bring up pot laws but that is a rebellion against big national govt.)

most centralized big govt leads to poor governance.
    big lefty govt and liberty are rarely good allies.

We see it throughout history... over and over.
    Just look to the eastern block, china USSR. France and England before they modernized during the Reagan years.

The founders were classical liberals they gave us the balance to work.
    As the court started giving more and more power to the central govt we have seen the seeds of the destruction of liberty planted.

So I agree Good government protects liberty. Today's leftists rarely care about increasing liberty for the people as a whole. Today's left is progressing towards big govt totalitarianism.

I ask you would anyone in America say that California has gotten more free in the last 30 years?

traderob likes this.
  10. UsualName

UsualName

Oh, high thought. I like it.

I’ve always held what makes the American form of government great (no Trump) is that it is in a constant state of revolution. Every 2, 4 & 6 years it has the ability to reset the legislative and executive branch according to the will of the people and independent of each. That’s kind of like your “destruction” theory, only controlled.

When you really think about it, we’ve been in a constant state of revolution for 240 years.

#10     Mar 21, 2018
    piezoe and exGOPer like this.