Why the hell would anybody trade forex?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by PohPoh, Jun 18, 2007.

1. When they can trade the Futures at the CME?
    Speculators, I mean...

Am I missing something?

2. jsmooth

jsmooth

i agree....those futures are great to trade....but on the other hand, you do need to be well capitalized to trade them, unlike spot forex, you can basically open an account for only $500.

3. What's wrong with spot forex?
    Ol' strategies not workin, eh ? :)

What does easy to trade mean!??!

What is easier than trading spot forex in terms of execution and leverage and so on?

Enlighten me on this!

4. chicks dig forex traders.

the real question is why CME traders dont use the ET 'search' function? (myself included)

5. We didn't have enough of these threads over the last few years, right? We needed another?

You don't like it, don't trade it. I don't understand why you need to post about it.

6. What is easier than trading spot forex in terms of execution and leverage and so on?

Isn't forex a wild-west environment where the brokers give bad quotes and run stops with immunity?

7. forex162

forex162

In a word, "no".

8. Forex you are trading against your broker (he takes the other side, makes the market). So this is against your best interest. Not regulated.

CME futures are highly liquid, exhange traded, regulated, with many different participants. Need I say more?

9. re: "no"

You're the first person who has told me that.

How do you know your quotes are good? Do you find that your orders are executed as they should be? Even in a quickly moving market? Does your broker take the other side of your trades?

I would love to get involved with forex but all I read are horror stories.

10. YES

#10     Jun 21, 2007