Why the hell is Citi up?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Nofear777, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Its getting priced in now thoe :)

#11     Mar 19, 2009
  2. This is the biggest scam I have seen done by a big bank.

They are going to dilute the hell out of the stock, then do a reverse split to hide it from all ya retails...

LOL.

#12     Mar 19, 2009
  3. panzerman

panzerman

There is one way, and only one way to make a stock go up, and that is to buy it. Therefore, to answer the question, the stock is up because people are buying it (i.e. demand is outstripping supply.)

There is every reason under the sun why people decide to buy (or sell) a given stock at a given time.

#13     Mar 19, 2009
  4. See, now I could get a magic 8 ball to tell me that.

Meanwhile anyone who read my post this morning could have made a killing in C with me.

However I do believe that irrationality can always outlast common sense.

#14     Mar 19, 2009
  5. wow I'm beginning to realize how much more newbies are here than there are experienced.

I can learn more from fast money than I can from here.

the average investor does not move the market, we are all peanuts. It's the banks and funds who are the market maker.

All that money that AIG paid out to banks, guess what the banks bought back with all that money ? the banks are the market makers u idiots.

#15     Mar 19, 2009
  6. Aig payed off debt with that money. They didnt buy banks. They payed off their debt to them...noob.

#16     Mar 19, 2009
  7. ah ok , AIG bought the banks. Your right.

#17     Mar 19, 2009
  8. No. Aig did not buy banks noob. Aig payed off its debt to banks that it was liable for. Aig doesnt end the day owning a piece of those banks. The banks got money they were owed. Period.

#18     Mar 19, 2009
  9. I just wanted to say "thanks" to all of the experienced traders on this forum. I appreciate the time you take out of your day to share insight with us. I am a newbie to day trading and trying to learn as much as I can right now.

#19     Mar 19, 2009
  10. citi got a profit w00 hoo

the stock is still shit

going back to 1.3

#20     Mar 19, 2009