Why the futures are lower

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock_trad3r, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Buy the rumor, Sell the news.....

They will bang them hard tomorrow after geitener speaks.

2. Futures are lower because of you. The markets were doing fine till you suggested to buy. They are out to get you. I'll be very scared if I were you.

3. The market is not trading around the stimulus right now. I see another round of de-leveraging happening in some funds that are in trouble.

4. Euro Weakens on Nikkei Report Russian Banks to Reschedule Debt
    Email | Print | A A A

By Ron Harui

Feb. 10 (Bloomberg) -- The euro fell, halting a three-day gain against the yen, after the Nikkei newspaper reported that Russian banks and businesses may ask foreign lenders to reschedule loans worth $400 billion.

The yen gained for a second day versus the dollar on speculation the financial turmoil in Europe is worsening, prompting investors to sell higher-yielding assets. The 16- nation euro also dropped against the dollar after European finance ministers signaled increasing concern that some governments are finding it harder to borrow in financial markets.

“European banks may face more financial difficulties, given the Nikkei’s report that Russian banks may negotiate a debt rescheduling,” said Yuji Saito, head of the foreign- exchange group in Tokyo at Societe Generale SA, France’s third- largest bank by market value. “It is natural that the euro is sold” to $1.27 and 117 yen today, he said.

The euro declined 1.1 percent to 117.65 yen as of 9:36 a.m. in Tokyo from late in New York yesterday. Europe’s single currency also dropped 0.9 percent to $1.2889.

The Russian Association of Regional Banks has submitted a plan for rescheduling loans to the Russian government, the Nikkei newspaper said, citing an interview with Anatoly Aksakov, the head of the association. The group is already in talks with HSBC Holdings Plc and Deutsche Bank AG, the Nikkei reported.

5. nice to know Bernanke has 500 billion in currency swaps floating around.

6. I just saw with my own eyes and heard with my own ears President Obama tell the world "there are no earmarks in this bill."

7. Mav88

Mav88

LMAO we got slick willie back

8. There's a full moon out and we just hit a Bradley turn date.

Something weird is gonna happen tomorrow...

9. When Clinton lied nobody died.

#10     Feb 9, 2009