Why The **** Didn't You Buy TSLA Puts?

Discussion in 'Options' started by zghorner, Feb 7, 2020.

1. qwerty11

qwerty11

call 1500 for delivery 3 days later was quoted at $3 on Tuesday...

#31     Feb 9, 2020
  2. Volatility is through the roof. The only way you're going to make money on these is if you're correct on direction and deep ITM.

#32     Feb 11, 2020
  3. I'm too scared to get in the Tesla now, volatility is just too high. The penalty for being wrong is is too great.

#33     Feb 12, 2020
  4. tsznecki

tsznecki

I've read retarded shit on ET before but this one in recent memory takes the cake Vol has been dropping and the range is compressing. In fact the price action shows inside days.

#34     Feb 12, 2020
  5. when it was trading around 900 it was so parabolic and so fast, it almost was a no brainer to short it at that point... of course I didn't lol

#35     Feb 12, 2020
    Nobert likes this.
  6. Hivey

Hivey

Well, it's always easy in hindsight. I shorted it (not outright, but setup a sizeable deep OTM put diagonal spread) when it was at $480. This was early January when price had doubled in slightly over 2 months, which I considered parabolic enough to make a first attempt. Two weeks later that seemed a stupid move....

I stayed away thereafter. One more short squeeze when price was at $950 and it could have gone to $1100 for all I know.

#36     Feb 14, 2020
    Nobert likes this.