Why The **** Didn't You Buy TSLA Puts?

Discussion in 'Options' started by zghorner, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Magic

Magic

If you really shorted spot good on you man. Do you have at least one fill to show? What is your week looking like?

#11     Feb 7, 2020
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  2. zghorner

zghorner

I cant believe you just outed me like that, damn it.

#12     Feb 7, 2020
  3. tsznecki

tsznecki

Not spot.

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/posts/5009754/

11111111.PNG

This isn't a dick size contest post. My posts in this thread so far are to outline the potential and opportunity of these moves.

#13     Feb 7, 2020
    Magic likes this.
  4. Magic

Magic

Definitely didn't take it that way. The more people showing some authenticity on these boards the better. Glad to see others taking it home for the team.

#14     Feb 7, 2020
  5. just buy long, don’t check for a couple of years and sell once tsla hits T valuation like apple etc

#15     Feb 7, 2020
    jl1575 likes this.
  6. I bought Tesla puts, both on the way up, once with the stock is 738, and want with the stock at 850. I was getting scared as the stock climbed up into the 900s, but ended up turning out all right. Made a little bit on the first buy and a lot on the second. I'm out of both now.

#16     Feb 7, 2020
  7. tsla put and call options are a joke and too expensive.
    i mean the out of money put prices are so out of range why would anyone buy those puts or calls?
    they cost like 10% or 5% of the underlying stock and it's out of the money?

they expire worthless most of the time.

only 'option' players would buy their OTM options.
    if you are bullish just the stock
    if you are bearish just short it. and put a stop in all trades cause tsla is rigged and highly manipulatedd stocks

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    #17     Feb 7, 2020
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

My modesty. Posted on Tuesday at 3:12 pm:

30 minutes later the stock topped and dropped a 100 bucks. No, I didn't buy puts, I sold vertical calls. Why? Because I can be wrong by 2 days and still make money. It is almost impossible to call the exact top of a stock going vertical, but I think my call was pretty damn good.

#18     Feb 7, 2020
    zghorner likes this.
  9. zghorner

zghorner

Don’t strain your shoulder whilst patting yourself on the back there buddy lmao

#19     Feb 7, 2020
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  10. Dustin

Dustin

Funny thread guys. Myself and a few other guys played TSLA heavily to the short side all Monday and Tuesday. I also held puts o/n and into Wed midday. For those saying puts were too expensive, it really didn't matter although the trade would have been much better on Wed/Th. I was buying $650's nearly $300 out for about a buck when it cracked late Tuesday.

#20     Feb 7, 2020
    Magic likes this.