Why the delayed crash?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by aphexcoil, Sep 28, 2002.

1. And don't forget that those "curbs" are for the benefit and manipulatin of the members' and "big boys." The world's most open and freest market...not!!!

#11     Sep 29, 2002
  2. Kymar

Kymar

#12     Sep 29, 2002
  3. Guys,

I hate to ask a newbie question- what are "curbs"? I haven't heard the term before.

Kevin

#13     Sep 29, 2002
  4. nitro

nitro

I concur, almost 100%

nitro

#14     Sep 29, 2002
  5. doher

doher

6. Doher,

Thanks.

Kevin

#16     Sep 29, 2002
  7. birddog

birddog

doher,

Have you found those premium numbers to be helpful?

#17     Sep 29, 2002
  8. doher

doher

#18     Sep 29, 2002
  9. essentially happened in July with the mutual fund people bailing out to the record tune of $50+ billion. That was the momentum low for this bear cycle.

Now we have had the dead cat bounce with the momentum easing and a new price low in most if not all indices....the price low, following the mo low. Classic!

#19     Sep 29, 2002
  10. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

Very classic. I think that in more general terms there were factors driving the market until recently that have now abated. Primarily the large increases in productivity driven by cheaper and cheaper computing. The difference I see today is that while there is still a moores law factor in chip performance and storage costs, the recent fallout in the tech business has forced corporations to re-evaluate their IS expenditures. In the process they have discovered that they can get by with less computing power. That is they bought overcapacity for business that did not materialize and even bought beyond their previous needs prior to the tech boom of the last few years. So, we have a lot of overcapacity in telecomms, chip manufacturers, storage and going forward companies expenditures will be less than pre-boom based on adjusted numbers. Right now it appears that many companies are making their numbers by cutting costs - labor reductions are largley fueling productivity. ....

#20     Sep 29, 2002