Why the controversy? Jack Hershey SCT vs Arthur Deco TDT

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Arthur Deco, Oct 14, 2008.

1. There is a frightening epistemological hubris in SCT. It is bad enough not to know WHAT we don't know. SCT doesn't even know THAT it doesn't know. This is self-evident in the dogma of "always in". TDT knows that it doesn't know and therefore signals "stand aside".

#31     Oct 14, 2008
  2. Actually, JJ, I did that not too long ago when I was trying to trade manually while the market was gyrating at computer speeds. I felt lucky to get out with that much. But in my own defense, a fat girl was sitting on my face and I couldn't always see the chart.

#32     Oct 14, 2008
  3. There's a difference in the trading performance.

a) yours is the result of short-term trading performance due to unprecedented market volatility (in the history of the US financial markets). I had the exact same experience also, and moved over to the ZN and the EU until I could acclimate myself to the ES's hightend volatility parameters.

b) his is the result of long-term trading performance due to actually trying to make SCT work during RTH instead of just drawing hindsight charts ... and in his previous tries he blew-out his C2 account.

#33     Oct 14, 2008
  4. The question arises: Is SCT actually DDT for traders?

#34     Oct 14, 2008
  5. I am reminded of the DDT distributor who ate a spoonful of it with every meal to prove it was safe.

#35     Oct 15, 2008
  6. Man o man...... what will happen when Hershey followers chime in on this thread? WWIII ?? :D

And what about poor Tums..... :(

Surely hes trying to fugure out a way to delete these posts!

#36     Oct 15, 2008
  7. Tums

Tums

Nope... I will not delete posts in this thread.

Moderation rules are simple:

If you have something to say...
    -- Stay on Topic
    -- No personal attacks
    -- No obscenities

and your post will never be censored.

If you don't like OP's topic... start a new thread.

#37     Oct 15, 2008
  8. Just so long as you apply those rules to the Hershey Cultists, we have no problem ... that has not been the case in the past though.

#38     Oct 15, 2008
  9. Tums

Tums

I do not read every post.

If you see an offensive post, please press the Complain button at the bottom right corner of each post.

If I do not receive a complaint, the post stays !

#39     Oct 15, 2008
  10. No doubt, he had a marvelous, if somewhat short, career.

#40     Oct 15, 2008