Why the controversy? Jack Hershey SCT vs Arthur Deco TDT

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Arthur Deco, Oct 14, 2008.

1. ehorn

ehorn

Gotcha... so you are just chit chatting. My apologies.

#21     Oct 14, 2008
  2. Let me put this into perspective. Run the numbers. Say you have $250K in cash in a 401K earning 2.5%. You can make that with six NQ ticks a day after commish, which is ALMOST trivially easy. But 3X the daily range it ain't, so ET sneers. It buys one good bottle of California champagne a day. And gives you something to do other than watch the soaps while the 401K lumbers along.

#22     Oct 14, 2008
  3. Of COURSE I am chit-chatting! You wanted something for free? Go back to Jack. Well, SCT is ALMOST free. Trade it and see what it costs you. In fact, this was a polemic, not idle chatter. Or perhaps a polemico-tiradical morality play. But my main assertion stands: if you REALLY have an unambiguous rule-based system, you can code it to make clear calls! But obfuscation is so much less accountable. Jack is a pathetic old bullshitting attention whore like me. At least I know what I am. And on occasion I manage to be funny. Jack is merely infuriating.

#23     Oct 14, 2008
  4. Jack's TA looks something like this:

[​IMG]

#24     Oct 14, 2008
  5. Obviously I am bigger on ET than Jack, with 1000 views for every post on this thread!

#25     Oct 14, 2008
  6. Often I am asked to explain TDT. Binary decision theory is yes or no. Ternary decision theory is yes/no/maybe. SCT is just maybe.

Soon I will reveal Quarternary Decision Theory, quantifying the well-known but heretofore ill-defined state "I have no fucking clue what is going on!"

#26     Oct 14, 2008
  7. Also often I am asked "Why should we believe you over JacK? What are your qualifications relative to his?"

I answer, Jack went to a Polytechnic University (Rensselaer). I graduated from a pyrotechnic college.

I was in federal service in the Johnson administration, long before Jack became so worthless professionally he had to seek refuge there in the Carter administration.

I have two more degrees in EE than Jack does (associate's plus bachelor's plus master's).

Each of the twelve chapters in my real book is as long as one of Jack's twelve monographs. But, alas, I failed to address momentous issues pertaining to the Girl Scouts.

I have an incredibly complex unbelievable trading system, but my three-state system is unambiguously coded to show explicitly when I don't know what to do. With SCT you NEVER know what to do, so my absolutely certain uncertainty is an improvement.

And I know when to shut up. Bye.

P.S.: You may now feel free to trash the thread that TUMS started.

#27     Oct 14, 2008
  8. some parts of sct works fine.

like 5% of them.

#28     Oct 14, 2008
  9. You've actually hit the nail on the head (which shows that you are paying closer attention to SCT than they guys who trade it).

But hey, it took spydertrader 7 trades to make less than $100 bucks, can you beat that? :p

7 trade or bust!

#29     Oct 14, 2008
  10. ... and this is from someone who actually likes the system (belive it or not, LOL). :p

#30     Oct 14, 2008