Why the car dealerships are folding

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Pekelo, Dec 26, 2008.

1. MattF

MattF

indeed...awesome your battery made it that long. Mine actually made it about that in a '98 Corolla....just had to replace it finally ~1 year ago. Twas some generic brand name too.

At the bare least, keep an eye on it.

#21     Dec 27, 2008
  2. perr

perr

they need to cut car prices in half.

whey to high for avg american.

selling junk for todays prices is just crazy.

#22     Dec 27, 2008
  3. Good advice about the battery. Been wondering just how much longer it could go. Now the question is: does toyota make better batteries.

#23     Dec 27, 2008
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

True, Toyota and Honda make reliable cars that actually maintain descent resale value. Especially Honda!

I'd love to have a new Honda Accord with leather (dosen't wrinkle suits as bad) for work use! Had a Mercedes E430, and loved the power, look, handling, etc., hated the constant repair bills!! Sold it.

As for GM, I really hate to see them go, even though their majority of products have grown un-desirable over priced (in comparison th what you get with a toyota or honda), and less than reliable auto, which on top of that is being run by idiots, and idiot Unions thrown in there spell disaster. Well, disaster when people don't want your product anymore! In the past they hid their blunders easier because America simply bought more of the big 3 autos then than now.

As for warranty, and service?? Don't get me started. I'm dealing with GM now over by supercharged 3800 in my SSEI Bonneville blowing the intake manifold loose, oil running down inside the intake and starting a fire. Oh yes, this has been such "fun" dealing with the GM claims department... I'd be all day on this one!!

I don't want to see them go because I want a 2006-2009 triple black C6 Corvette with 6spd, Z51, 3LT, NAV, and heated seats.

I also want a 2010 Camaro Z28 with the LS2 400 HP.

Other than those two cars, and a small handfull of others, GM can fall. They are getting what they've sewn.

#24     Dec 27, 2008
  5. =======================

Re; Real Estate & price downtrend on autos
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Strange remark, i agree with it;
    talking to an old timer in church today, thats what he said.Agreed with him also, and said maybe needs to come down 80%,LOL:D

That old timer went thru the 1929-1930's as a kid.Raised on a farm as many were in those days.Said his dad couldnt make the land payment on 300 acres, think it sold for about $800total.

The lender told him that is all right ;
    wait til,next year, land wasnt selling for much in those days anyway:cool:

#25     Dec 28, 2008
  6. When are you going to figure out that the real problem is none of you are worth 1/5 what you earn.

I mean , exactly what is it you do for a living? What do you accomplish, and more importantly , are you paid fairly or overpaid?

Don't feel bad, 99% of ceo's are overpaid to the tune of 100-1

#26     Dec 29, 2008