Why TA does not work

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by JMN459, Oct 9, 2012.

1. When 90% of the competition crashes into the wall and 10% get the purse, a skilled golf cart driver could avoid the herd and plod forward to the prize.

#31     Oct 13, 2012
  2. the1

the1

Technical Analysis, along with any other type of analysis, requires the art of interpretation.

#32     Oct 13, 2012
  3. Handle123

Handle123

Got to disagree on that, I have four automated systems that run all week long, all based on TA, and there are many others that run automated methods too and make profits. I simple don't know of anyone who has programmed a method that trades automated on the fundamentals.

#33     Oct 13, 2012
  4. cornix

cornix

Oh you're back, nice, dropped your "hedging" crap I hope? :)

No "if"'s brother Oily. It is what it is. No idea what "good" means, but it makes me consistent profits, period.

#34     Oct 13, 2012
  5. cornix

cornix

Oh, Bandler and Grinder were pioneers, things evolved so much since their times. :)

Good to know you are interested in psychology and particularly NLP though.

As for scientific approach, I hear you, but you should admit, that your approach contains high degree of emotions too, since you never asked me if this track record was published real-time (and it was, which a few independent people can confirm and it can be clearly proven that those accounts were not "picked" after the fact), but started to accuse me in picking the "green" accounts immediately.

Agree? :)

#35     Oct 13, 2012
  6. kut2k2

kut2k2

The 10% aren't winning at golf-cart speeds.

#36     Oct 14, 2012
  7. l

The whole word sees the same charts and uses t/a , so why do 95% of traders lose?

You wouldn't expect losers to know about probabilities on hedging , 80 % of the time hedging based strategies make pips , cause 80 % of the time the market ranges money.Hedged strategies provide the the lowest risk reward ratios .

Why would anybody want to listen to internet dingbats about ta ?All these gold rush monkeys selling in the trading gold rush.More marketing here than actual discussion.

#37     Oct 14, 2012
  8. cornix

cornix

Why 90%+ of overweight people stay overweight? Is it because physical exercises and healthy diet are "junk"? :p

You answered your question yourself here by your post, which is classic:

1) Not doing your homework to understand even the basic principles of how markets work. Like your self-delusion with "hedging" crap (I thought I explained you well enough, that there is no "hedging" in FX, you simply TRADE OUTRIGHT, but make it look like you do something else, which of course you don't, you just lie to yourself).

2) Not accepting the reality fact that traders must take losses, many losses. Again, your "hedging" stuff is a self-delusional substitute used to trick yourself into thinking you can somehow avoid taking losses.

3) Plain laziness, because only very lazy person would trade the market s/he doesn't even understand (as explained above).

Here you got a nice recipe for a failure, Olio. :D

Now if instead you picked one market, learnt every fundamental factor which typically drives it, took many, many hours, thousands of hours to watch the single market every day until you see the recurring behavior patterns of this market, also browsed through many historical charts to spot the same patterns on the weekends, calculated and wrote down typical parameters of those recurring patterns, built a set of rules based on this information to create your trading methodology, then demo traded it until you build "muscle memory" to execute everything well, then traded it on small live size to learn to deal with emotional issues which inevitably arise, then slowly increased the size to make profits more significant... then maybe you would become successful trader... but... people like you always have many "but"s to justify their idling.

#38     Oct 14, 2012

9. You lack of knowledge and understanding guarantees you a lifetime on E T and $100 account at Oanda.The fact you don't understand markets is portrayed in your answer.I used to have an account at Oanda 12 years ago , so you are on the learning curve.

Good luck , one day you will understand hedging , stop losses and probabilities.Then you will decide to become a real trader.

#39     Oct 14, 2012
  10. Can you sell me a course on how to do this all correctly?How many nicks do you t/a monkeys use , and how many more threads are you going to open on t/a?

Are you trying to unmarket some scam on t/a courses?

#40     Oct 14, 2012