Why Swing State Republican Governors Will Get Obama Re-Elected

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Get well 377

#21     Feb 25, 2012
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Thats true. I know you like the guy so it must be annoying.

I don't think they (we) do it just to annoy you though.

#22     Feb 25, 2012
  3. He had some good ideas imo but the democratic legislature stopped everything he tried to do.I dont defend democrats on the state and local level as much as I do on the federal level

#23     Feb 25, 2012
  4. It's annoying on both sides, and could easily be remedied by now. I know I'm sort of new in P&R, since somewhat retired, and I find I like most of the conversations and debates. We kinda know where the other sits. And, I guess the name calling and silliness is part of the demeanor here, but when I see you, Mr. Ohms chatting in a civil manner, it just makes it easier to discuss valid points.

Hope you feel better. I'm not sure if that means you'll jump back on AK or not, j/k. don't want you to back off due to illness.

c

#24     Feb 25, 2012
  5. I think Arnold came into quite a mess, maybe over his head. Not that he's not a smart guy, just overwhelmed with the financial nightmare from the get-go. And these guys with skeletons, mainly 'affairs' in the closet, should know that when under the microscope, they will be found out. Oh well, you have Jerry Brown part deux now. How's he doing in your eyes?

c

#25     Feb 25, 2012
  6. 377 is simply trying to adjust to his new reality. I think he is a smart guy, but he is in shock. He will, in time, understand how far right the GOP has gone, and that it is an untenable position. Hence my very public shift to the left.

#26     Feb 25, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Only 1 in 5 Americans consider themselves a liberal.

#27     Feb 25, 2012

8. A USA TODAY analysis of state voter registration statistics shows registered Democrats declined in 25 of the 28 states that register voters by party. Republicans dipped in 21 states, while independents increased in 18 states.
    The trend is acute in states that are key to next year's presidential race. In the eight swing states that register voters by party, Democrats' registration is down by 800,000 and Republicans' by 350,000. Independents have gained 325,000.

goes on to say:Registered Democrats still dominate the political playing field with more than 42 million voters, compared to 30 million Republicans and 24 million independents. But Democrats have lost the most — 1.7 million, or 3.9%, from 2008.

Many R's stopped being R's or at least didn't want to admit to it after Bush. Many D's now want to be called Independent or Progressive.

What's wrong with social liberalism? Keeping the gov't the heck out of our bedrooms, off our phones, and all that. Seems like a good idea.

And what's wrong with being a fiscal conservative? Spend less, tax less?

I've lived that way my whole life, and sleep well at night. Have a nice family, all the good stuff about being an American. A proud American. Did my years in the Service, voted, fly my flag proudly regardless of who happens to be President.

c

#28     Feb 25, 2012
  9. I guess they must be pretty good at 'media' - 20% being blamed for everything written or televised.

I'm just kind of kidding. I get your point. But, as a business, the 'media' has to have an audience. So maybe, just maybe, there a lot of closet liberals out there hiding out? Or not answering pollsters.

c

#29     Feb 25, 2012
  10. See if you can find that Vanity Fair article written by Michael Lewis about the California debacle. He interviewed Arnold and discusses the impossibility of getting his spending cuts through.

#30     Feb 25, 2012