Why Some Scientists Embrace the 'Multiverse

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Cool story, bro.

#21     Jul 9, 2013
  2. "The devil is bad."

Ha ha ha. That's some good stuff right there.

What an ignorant naive putz.

Pretty much goes for all the delusional believers in "god".

I discharge my nasal passages at "god".

I wouldn't make such fun of them, but when they have the balls to criticize people with actual rational thought processes..... ie, atheists, the gloves have to come off.

Keep your delusional belief in 'god' if it makes you feel good, but don't dare criticize those that have more sense than that.

#22     Jul 9, 2013
  3. jem

jem

non believers who are rational are agnostic.
    emotional people state they know there is no God.

#23     Jul 9, 2013
  4. I prefer science presented by scientists.

LOL! Ya D-Bag!

#24     Jul 10, 2013
  5. pspr

pspr

Duh, dummy.

Steven Weinberg, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physics, et al.

#25     Jul 10, 2013
  6. stu

stu

rich?...lol When it comes to trolling, you can even make someone like Jem look poverty stricken.

#26     Jul 11, 2013
  7. stu

stu

hmm.. strange why some believers see anyone who's cast aside religious superstition as miserable.
    Broadly speaking atheists I've met, do seem generally to be more cool and at ease with themselves, without having those irrational hang-ups extremely religious people fret and worry over I suppose. Just my take. But then I probably get out more that you do.

#27     Jul 11, 2013
  8. All babies and very young children have no religious beliefs, AKA atheists, and they are naturally happy and free spirited until they start understanding what they're told in church then the attack on their own self worth has started and there goes the fun free spirit we all used to naturally have. Thank you Jesus for making me unworthy says the child.:)

#28     Jul 11, 2013
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Oversimplified imo. Babies are terrified when Mother walks away. Then the new terror of mortality salience begins to arise around 4 to 5 yo. At that point, society really begins stuffing something in there to deny that terror. This stuffing can last a good number years, typically at least through to the end of the "I'm immortal" age.

#29     Jul 11, 2013
  10. Sounds like you had an emotional nightmare of being a kid Richter. I don't think what you described applies to many children.

#30     Jul 11, 2013