Why Soldiers Fight

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brandonf, Mar 24, 2003.

1. I just heard we have special forces inside of the capital right now. We have also bypassed and surrounded the troops that were supposed to stop the main push up from the south. AND we are opening up a northern front with the Kurds ready to kill the bastards that gassed them.

We will see how loyal they are in the next couple of days.

#11     Mar 24, 2003
  2. Babak

Babak

you are most welcome. And thank you for graciously proving my point (that you don't engage in dialogue) -- by not answering me.

:)

#12     Mar 24, 2003
  3. gordo

gordo

AAA:

You're on to something.

Better yet, by that logic the peaceniks would not have even had us confront the Axis Powers. Yeah that makes sens, don't kill the Waffen SS members, you might piss their family off. Folks need to get bloody real, you don't succomb to animals, you deal with them.

#13     Mar 26, 2003
  4. you got it.

as for the reason soldiers fight, the primary reason is patriotism. By attacking patriotism itself, and the moral rectitude of the united states, many posters on this board are aiding Iraqi psyops to hurt the will of our troops. In other words, its giving aid and comfort to the enemy. Its Sedition. Its illegal also.

#14     Mar 26, 2003
  5. gordo

gordo

Wanted to post another angle on the Iraqi regime - does anyone think that we should continue be diplomatic with any organized group that feeds people into industrial plastic shredders (feet first so that they can hear their own screams) because they do not accept their oppressors ideals? Are people that are responsible for this type of activity even capable of moral reason and therefore to be treated humanly in a peaceable way as the preaceniks would have it?

All I have to say is that I grew up around decorated combat vets. They ranged from Marines in Guadalcanal to members of the elite 82nd Airborne. These men stopped the Japanese and duelled it out with crack German SS from the beaches of Normandy to the forests of Bastogne. They cleared villages and liberated Nazi death camps. They knew the face of evil - of animals. Their opinions were nearly all the same, you do not shed tears and offer olive branches to those that are capable of and practice attrocities against fellow humans - you eliminate them. Something the peaceniks had better get straight before they find themselves at the foot of one these bastards that will not let them voice their opinions.

Gordo

#15     Mar 26, 2003
  6. gordo

gordo

Mondo:

I'm with you. Many folks, it would seem, have forgotten about the acts of sedition and treasion. Under those articles, it would appear that Hollywood could be a very lonely place - many could be performing the prision theater.

#16     Mar 26, 2003
  7. YOU are a COWARD! :-/

#17     Mar 26, 2003
  8. rs7

rs7

Can you point out an example of this? I admit to not having read every post. But of what I have read, I have not seen this. Only heard you calling for the arrest of those who have done it.

Peace,
    Rs7

#18     Mar 26, 2003