why so many bears

Discussion in 'Trading' started by permabull, Aug 5, 2002.

1. most daytraders eventually lose all their money

most buy and hold investors eventually make money.

the market didn't go down because of short selling, it went down because smart money took their profits. Short selling is just a small part of the bigger picture.

#31     Aug 5, 2002
  2. Atlantic

Atlantic

this thread is really funny.

#32     Aug 5, 2002
  3. Here you have demonstrated a very big problem (in my mind) that is a serious fallacy for all buy and hold investors.

No one that is currently working in the equity markets has ever seen a period of 10-15 years (hell maybe 20) of flat or sinking markets (unless of course they've lived in Japan for the past 12 years). The markets have been rising for nearly 30 years.

None of us even know what the depression was like. We can't imagine 25% unemployment or millions of homeless. When you realize that all of that could happen again (which I hope it doesn't), you will come around to our way of thinking.

#33     Aug 5, 2002
  4. Why is it that everyday there is a drop on Wal Street it's "Profit taking". Call it what it is..... Selling!!!! If you were in the nasdaq at 4000-5000, how exactly is it profit taking?

Smart money has been doing really well lately......
    Looked at the returns of mutual funds for the last two years?

Who exactly is the "Smart Money"???? Cramer??? :D

I'm a trader. And as someone else mentioned, give me the V's and I'm happy.

If you happen to catch the very bottom, congrats. I'll wait patiently for the trend to turn and miss the first 10-15% to make sure I don't get my hands cut by that "Falling Knife".

Later,

Cracked

#34     Aug 5, 2002
  5. Alright, lets clear some things up here:

a) This is a Trading forum, not investing forum....I dont care about investors except for the fact they give me all of their money.

2) Brokers are idiots. I used to work with them at a very reputable bank. Seen Boiler Room? Dollar Cost Averaging? Yep, you bet.....Nortel, Worldcom, Intel. Why? They are salespeople, plain and simple.

D) "And there is another thing to remember, and that is that a market does not culminate in one grand blze of glory. Neither does it end with a sudden reversal of form.....A man does not swear allegiance to either the bull side or the right side. His concern lies with being right." - from Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.

....even if this was the bottom, there would be a congestion pattern for some time most likely....Or it could be construed as continuation for that matter.

#35     Aug 5, 2002
  6. I think this guy works for CNBC

#36     Aug 5, 2002
  7. This guy is obviously an idiot, just trying to provoke everyone. I don't believe this perma-moron believes any of this stuff he is spewing.

Isn't there a moderator that can close this thread and get this guy out of here?

#37     Aug 5, 2002
  8. harkm

harkm

Investors got cocky after many, many years of uninterupted growth. Now they will pay for their buy and hold strategy with many, many years of interupted growth. Buy and hold is dead. It is time to trade.

#38     Aug 5, 2002
  9. Eugene

Eugene

Gerry,

Are you and I the only ones who know permabull is yanking everyones chain.

I started from the beginning of the thread and kept waiting for everyone to start laughing but I kept seeing responses to permabull as if his statements were real.

Even the line about "daytraders eventually loose all their money". He keeps jabbing the needle.

Interesting

this thread should be moved to chit chat!!!

#39     Aug 5, 2002
  10. I agree that most daytraders have lost their money. The ones still trading, like those on this site are the survivors. Most are rational. And not permabulls. That should tell you something.

#40     Aug 5, 2002